Chapter Fifty-Nine

Marcel's POV

I don't even know what I am doing. Why didn't I just let Jeff go talk to her. Now everything looks suspicious and I feel like after this, I'm going to be questioned as if I committed a crime. I'm not prepared for it.

I search the long hallway outside of Harry's room and Olivia is no where to be found. I don't know where she could have run off to? I sense she's in the woman's loo so I sit on the small chair between the two bathrooms and hopes she comes out soon, if she's even in there.

I wait for about 10 minutes, ladies come in and out giving me blank stares as I sit there like a complete weirdo. I stand and lean against the wall instead. I wait 5 more minutes and someone finally comes out. It's Olivia and her eyes are clear of the makeup she had on. Her eyes look a but swollen and her nose is slightly red. She stares at me and I stand straight to face her.

"Are you alright?" I hold the back of her elbow and she looks down on me, "Olivia, you can talk to me. We're best friends remember?"

She nods and her tears are coming back, "I know."

"Then tell me what's wrong," I grab her hand and we take a seat on the small bench. Once we sit she jerks her hand away and I'm taken back. I frown at her and she looks sorry but the words don't come out of her mouth.

"I understand that me and you will never happen, and it's hit me so hard that my rebellious actions of me trying to prove a point back fired on me," she sniffs.

I understand where she's going with this. I love her but I can't love her. I love her so much but it's impossible for me to be with her. I can't betray Veronica like that even though she's gone. This has never happened to me and I've never been stuck between two girls. Harry and Edward would always say it's amusing to see two girls fighting for you, but in all honesty, it's not. It's saddening and puts so much stress on your shoulders I can hardly bare it. I can finally have Olivia like I've wanted to but I don't want her. I want Veronica.

"I'm sorry I don't feel the way you feel about me anymore," I tell her, "and I hate seeing you this way. This has never happened to me before and I'm honestly not good at it." I lightly laugh.

"I know. Me either," she admits, "but when will the pain go away? I just want it to go away so you can be happy. I don't want you to feel bad for me. Plus I can't get over that kiss. You completely caught me by surprise."

I nod, "Yeah, I'm still sorry for that, but if it makes you feel better, maybe we can hangout more, like friends, and with other people. Maybe it will show that were better off as friends."

"Do you think it will work?" She scrunches her nose.

"I have no idea but it won't hurt if we tried?" I shrug, "I like hanging with you. Kissing excluded of course."

She giggles, "yeah. You're not a bad kisser."

"Oh you're lying," I tease.

"Not really," she smiles, "thanks Marcel."

"That's what best friends are for," I use one hand to hug her, "but can I ask you something?"

"Sure," she tucks her hands in the pockets of her sweater.

"It's probably a stupid idea but what if we have one small rendezvous?"

"What are you talking about?" she laughs.

"If we..just kiss one last time?" I can't believe I'm even asking her this, "to cut the tension. Because I know were both thinking it. Plus I know if we do, we'll remember that this isn't what we want. One last time before were permanent best friends."