Chapter Fifty-Seven

Harry's POV

"Shit," dad rubs his face and follows mom to wherever she ran off to.

"So no dinner?" Edward yells and laughs.

"Did mum not see how much of a disaster the last dinner caused," I sigh, "no offense, I love mum but she can overdo things a lot."

"She just wants our families to get along for Gemma's sake," Marcel states, "that's all she wants because Gemma never really gets her way. Dads always criticizing her a lot which is why she does things in secret."

He was right. Gemma was always coming home full of surprises. She never really asked for anything because she knew she wouldn't get it. Like one day she had come home with a belly piercing and dad flipped out on her bad but he couldn't do anything about it because the damage was done. Or the time she got a small leaf tattoo on her arm, dad really flipped shit on her then too.

"That's actually true," I agree with him, "should we just do the whole Christmas dinner?"

"Fuck no," Edward argues, "this could be our last dinner together guys. Because once Jeff and Gemma are officially hitched, we will see the Maxwells at every fucking holiday. And not to mention the new little shit she has in her stomach will have a birthday."

"Edward, that just didn't sound right at all. And that little shit will be either a niece or a nephew," I tell him, "but you are right."

"Yeah," Marcel agrees, "and why wasn't I told of this birthday party?"

"You were," Edward frowns, "we told you."

"We did," I look at Marcel, "but you were mad at Ed the time and you were giving him the silent treatment."

"Oh," he slumps down, "but why at a bar."

"We just went through this," Edward groans, "Mikes dad owns the place. We can rent it for free and just pay for a band, and since I am in a fucking band we get that free too."

"So we don't have to pay anything?" I'm amused. Edward finally did something right.

"No," he says, "we pretty much have a free party. I told Mikes dad that we can pay for it but he refused. He said we can use it for free if I agreed to play at his bar every now and then with the guys."

"That's not a bad deal," I'm impressed by all of this.

"Yeah but try convincing dad," he groans, "and I planned on secretly doing it to but I screwed that up since he brought up having dinner with the Maxwells on our birthday. I figured he would change his mind about it but he didn't, now we're fucked."

"Okay so no dinner at all," dad comes in, "your mother agreed and we aren't having dinner with them on Christmas but we are planning to have dinner with them on New Years."

"But what about the annual party you always throw with your colleagues?" Marcel asks.

"We're still having the party," dad chuckles, "there's no way in hell that being canceled. We'll just have dinner with them and the party will start at eight sharp. Simple."

"So does this mean we can still have our party at Mikes dads bar?" Edward asked. Dad glared at him and sighed, "please. Come on I never beg for anything."

"Because you never ask. You just do things for your own pleasure," he growled, "you don't even consult with your mother and I to see if its okay."

"Because I know you'll reject me," Edwards fights back, "you always fucking do that. I never ask because you never let me do shit. You always let Mr. Perfect and Mr. Calculators over there do whatever the fuck they want. And then you wonder why I fucking act like this, is because you always doubt me and think nothing of me."