Chapter Sixty-Two

Marcel's POV

My chest is rapidly rising and falling as I take in those moment. My wish of hearing her voice again has come true. I can't believe she called. Two months and I'm finally hearing her voice again. It feels like ages. I was so close to falling into depression again, but this call stopped it. She stopped it. She's my savior.

"Marcel?" she repeats.

"Veronica," my lip quivers. My eyes are blurry them become clear once the tears fall down my cheeks.

"Marcel!" she cheers, "Marcel I miss you so much!"

"You have no idea," I begin, "how much I miss you."

"I was so afraid that you weren't going to answer," I hear her cry, "I was afraid this wasn't the right number."

"Well it is," I wipe my tears, "it is! I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too," she sniffs. My heart is pounding and the excitement is taking over. I can't believe it.

"Are you back?" I ask eagerly, "are you here? Can I go see you? How are you even calling me? I-"

"Marcel," she giggles, "I'm not even supposed to be calling you. I'm at a phone booth in Yorkshire."

"They took you all the way over there," my stomach drops. She's miles away from me and it hurts.

"Yes," she sighs, "I'm in a new foster home. It's great really but I do miss it over there."

"Well I'm glad you're safe," I tell her with a sour expression, but I do mean it. I just wish they didn't take her that far.

"The reason I phoned you was because," she pauses, "I won't be coming back."

That moment, those words came out, just cut me harder than any blade.

Harry's POV

"So how are things going with the not-so-new-girl, Olivia," Zayn smirks at me.

"Not good, like I said before," I take a sip of the beer Liam brought, "I should probably move on?"

"I heard Chloe from calculus has a thing for you," Liam raises a brow at me.

"So did I," Louis nudges me, "if you don't go for her, I will." he laughs.

"Chloe," I say her name. She's good looking. I do talk to her but not as much. She's on the short side but she's pretty nice. Blonde, not into blondes but for her, yes. She's a cheerleader, typical but I dig it.

"Look into it bro," Niall chugs half the beer, "she's hot!"

"I heard she's a snob though?" Zayn adds looking displeased.

"Chloe?" Louis burps, "nah. She's cool."

"Nope, heard she could be bitchy," Zayn adds on again.

"You thought Perrie was a quiet school girl," Niall laughs, "now look at you two. You should marry her already."

"True," he smiles, "maybe I will."

"I wouldn't be surprised," Liam says with a complete straight face.

"I wouldn't either," I agree with Liam and so do Niall and Louis.

"Married at 18," Louis drinks his beer, "add that to the schools paper."

"I would marry her," Zayn continues, "I would marry her right now if I could. She's perfect! Just the girl I've been looking for."

"Is she used to the whole swarm you get from the girls every morning?" Liam laughs.