Chapter Seventy-Five

Edwards POV

 "Are you guys still at Calum's?" I call Michael in hopes they are still at band practice.

"Yeah," he sighs, "we booked a gig."

"Where?" I ask. 

"Prom," he announces. What the fuck.

"Are you kidding me? Prom? What," I stammer, "you know what, I'm heading over there."

I arrive at Calum's and I squat down to enter to foggy smoked garage. They are all sitting on Calum's old brown couch smoking a joint. Ashton starts laughing after his massive cough attack. I walk down and sit next to them.

"The cats outta the bag," Calum chokes, laughing.

"Shut up," I growl, "who's fucking idiotic idea was it to book a gig at prom?"

"Ashtons," Calum laughs.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Of all places you could have booked it. You decide to do it at prom, everyone at school will laugh," I sit up and Luke passes me the joint.

"Half the school has seen us play already," Ashton defends, "plus, it's not for the entire night, just like 4 songs and we're out."

"It's not a full gig mate," Michael speaks up, "plus, it could be fun. I mean we are all going to prom aren't we?" he looks around at all of us.

"You got a date?" I use my knee to hit his knee playfully.

"Who needs a date?" Michael leans back with a bag of chips and a beer, "you taking my cousin?"

"She's going to end up taking me, even though she's done with school, the second Tia hears the word, dress, makeup, prom, or party, she gets all girly. It's sickening."

"Well she is a girl," Luke coughs, "no matter how punk they are, there's always that inner barbie."

"I won't worry about it now, it's only February and prom is in May," I lean back with Michael.

"I just noticed, maybe because I'm fucked up but..when did you start waring a snapback?" Ashton furrows his brows at me, "It's weird."

"Calum wears them," I avoid the question.

"Yeah but Calum is tan and it kind of suits him in a way," he says it with groggy eyes, "you know?"

"No," I grunge and take a beer from the case, "I needed something to hold my hair back and I found it in my closet. It was a gift from Gemma."

"Gemma," Ashton smiles, "Is she still in love with that Jeff guy."

"She's engaged and pregnant, fuck off Ashton," I threaten.

"Sorry," he shrugs, "she's hot."

Ashton will probably always have a sweet spot for Gemma. He's liked her ever since he came by to the house for the first time. They had a thing going on but Gemma thought he was a bit too young. She said she felt like she was dating her little brother, that shit fucked Ashton up. She hasn't seen Ashton in 2 years. He's scared of coming by when she's on holiday.

"So can we practice now since I'm here," I let the smoke come out of my nose.

"Right now?" Calum scrunches his nose, "we're stoned."

"Yeah bad idea," I adjust my hat, "let's go to Nando's."

"Yes," they all chorus. We stand and leave the garage.

"Panda Express," Michael shouts.

"Shut up Michael," Ashton says.

"No one fucking likes Panda Express," Calum adds.