☁️Denki x Reader: Rose Festival

Denki x Reader: Rose Festival for Hitokawa_Alice

Description: The power at the Rose Festival goes out, foiling his Valentines Day confession plans. Fortunately he has exactly the right quirk to save the day...

"Ooh! I like that one!" You squealed happily as the man got down your prize. "You're such a great shot, Denki!"

"Dead-eye Denki is what they call me." He pointed and winked at you with a confident grin.

"Thanks so much for winning me this." You smiled at him sweetly, cuddling the stuffed bear in your arms. You walked along the strip of vendors with the bubbly blonde boy, wondering where the time had gone. Dusk had already arrived, coating the land in a darkness. The twinkling lights illuminated the blackness and an intoxicating scent filled your nostrils.

"Mmmm..."

"I smell..."

"FUNNEL CAKE!" You and Kaminari exclaimed in unison. He grabbed your hand without thinking and ran with you to the nearest stand selling them.

"Do you wanna split one?" He asked, since you both had already gorged yourself on other various carnival foods.

"Yeah." You nodded vigorously, now noticing his hand still entwined with yours. He retreated it, cheeks turning slightly pink.

"Sorry..."

You found a nearby picnic table under a tree by the carosel. It was peaceful, somewhat isolated from the noisy bustle of the crowd, and had a dazzling glowing ambiance that oozed romance. 'The perfect place to make a confession...' He realized, eyeing you thoughtfully. You nibbled on the hot treat, sticky sugar coating your fingers. 'Or maybe I should wait for the parade...' He debated.

"Whatcha thinking about?" You asked Kaminari, as he was being more quiet than usual.

"Oh? Uh... Just how freaking amazing this funnel cake is!" He said, stuffing his face with another handful of artery-clogging goodness.

"Right?!" You grinned widely in agreement.

"Hey, you have a little something..." He reached out to brush the powdered sugar off of your cheek, completely forgetting that his hands were covered in the stuff.

Bloof! Suddenly your whole face was caked in white fluff.

"Did you just..."

"Oops." He couldn't fight back a laugh at how ridiculous you looked.

"Hey!" You laughed along with him, doing the same to his face. In an all-out powedered sugar war, you proceded to coat one another in absurd amounts of sugar.

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any sweeter!" He giggled. You turned red and looked down.

"Denki... I- AAAH!" You were surprised as you were overtaken by complete darkness.

"Are you okay?" You heard Kaminari's voice in the darkness.

"Yeah... what happened?" You asked.

"I guess the power went out..."

"ATTENTION GUESTS!" Present Mic's voice pierced the silence. "It seems we have lost power on the north tower. It would take a long time to get someone up there to fix it, so unfortunately the parade will be cancelled."

"Oh no!" You frowned. "The parade..."

"The north tower, huh?" Kaminari mumbled to himself. 'The Rose festival is F/N's favorite. I have to do something...'