☁️Mirio x Reader: Leaves

For Dragoninthemoonlight. Author's Experience Special. 

Description: Mirio can't handle your overwhelming cuteness.

Literally just a short fic about stepping on crunchy leaves.

CRUNCH

You smiled to yourself, walking in a pattern that seemed strange to Mirio.

"What are you doing?" He raised an eyebrow, seeing you zigzag around the sidewalk in front of him on the walk home from school.

CRUNCH CRUNCH ...CRUNCH

"Stepping on crunchy leaves." You replied matter-of-factly.

"Why?" He grinned, narrowing his eyes at you.

"Because it's fun." You couldn't really think of a reason why you needed to justify it. "You should try it."

He walked up to you, stepping on a large dry maple leaf on the concrete, then shrugged, not understanding the appeal.

"That was a very satisfying crunch." You peered at him with half lidded eyes and a sultry smile as if what he just did was oh-so gratifying. His lips pressed together in a line, obviously holding back a laugh. "Don't look at me like that! Would it kill you to enjoy the simple things in life?!" As if you needed to tell him this; he was a walking ball of sunshine. At least that's what his best friend frequently compared him to, so you decided to stick with it. Mirio was laughing now, bright joy bubbling up from his stomach to his fingertips.

"You're so cute!" He exclaimed.

'Oh no...' You gave him a look of alarm. Though you couldn't fathom why, Mirio liked to show his affection by tickling you. It was a quality that, despite your best efforts, never failed to baffle and confuse you. But Mirio couldn't help it. Whenever he caught you doing something cute, he couldn't keep himself from having this urge to make you laugh. It was complex, a concept he couldn't describe. When you tried to reason through it, it felt like it was akin to the inexplicable aggression people feel when looking at a picture of cute animals. Despite having no desire whatsoever to cause harm to the precious thing, you get this urge to pick it up and squeeze it with all your might. Perhaps the person in question is just angry that they can't reach out and touch the animal, but then again, maybe any pent up emotion can be dangerous, positive OR negative. It needs an outlet.

Mirio, in his playful temperament, used tickling to release this energy... and you were the victim of it.

"No I'm not, Mirio!" Your voice quaked with nerves as you stepped away from him. You knew he could outrun you... and out-strength you after he caught you. You were doomed the moment you saw that twinkle enter his eye and you knew it.

"Yes you are." He reached out his arms menacingly, smile warm and wide. Togata knew this quirk of his annoyed you, (probably not as much as his phase-through-wall jump-scares), but he also knew you secretly liked it a little bit too. How could you deny his undivided attention, even when it became hard to breathe from laughter? The answer is, you simply couldn't. So this is how you played with each other.

"No no no no!" You were running from him now, booking it at top speeds through the neighborhood. His boisterous laugh slowed him down a bit, lucky for you.

"You say 'no' four times in a row just like Tamaki." He hollered from behind you in hot pursuit.

"I must have got it from him!" You yelled backwards, leaping over uneven spots in the concrete. "Wait! You're just trying to distract me and slow me down!"

"You got me." He was closing the distance between you, lengthening his strides. Ahead he saw a yard with pristine piles of leaves, almost obsessively shaped. He had found a target...

The house in front of you had humorously tacky All Might lawn gnomes littered across the lawn. 'That reminds me of-'

"OOF!"

Mirio had caught you, tackling you into the pile. Between rustles and crunches of dried leaves, your laughter filled the air, giving your boyfriend a pure sense of satisfaction.

"Heheh- S-stop, Mirio!" You squirmed and tried to push him off, but he pulled you closer with his strong arms, planting his smiling lips on yours.

"What are you doing..." An unnervingly familiar voice tickled your eardrums. You sat up abruptly to see Sir Nighteye standing before you. Mirio looked shocked and a bit embarrassed.

"Oh! ...Sir... this is your  house?" He wore a crooked smile, nervous sweat forming on his pink cheeks. The stern man didn't answer, but eyed you in the pile of leaves.

"You've made quite a mess of my yard." He adjusted his glasses, stone-faced.

'He should have probably seen this coming...'  You thought to yourself. Mirio rubbed the back of his neck guiltily.

"I promise to clean it up, Sir." 

"I expect you will..." He said severely. "By the way..." His glasses reflected brightly in the sunlight, long finger pointing towards his house. "There's a more private pile of leaves out back." You and Mirio looked at each other and blushed, eyes wide, speechless until you heard Nighteye chuckle. It was just the man's wicked sense of humor. Mirio quickly joined in the laughter, feeling silly that he believed him for a moment.

"You're so funny, Sir!" 

My boyfriend tickles me because he has no other outlet when I'm being cute.