🎃☁️ Shouto/Ghost!Deku: One Last Wish

Halloween Special! Requested AND illustrated by MaryLee126 (except the second one, which I doodled)! Thanks again! Go check out her art on Instagram (ember_siege)!

Description: Midoriya never met Todoroki... until now... 

This doesn't really warrant an angst warning per say... just a very strong FEELS warning. Just to give you an idea, I was fine while writing the "With My Last Breath" oneshot, but this one I teared up while writing. 

"Our hearts go out to the boy's family and friends on this tragic day." Shouto glanced up at the television, hearing the grave news. "A fourteen year old quirkless boy got caught in the crossfire by a villain this afternoon after a daring attempt to save his friend and classmate. Reports say that the villain struck him before heroes could intervene. The boy was immediately rushed to the hospital, but died shortly after due to fatal injuries." Todoroki's stomach churned at the words, but continued to listen. "Thankfully, the other boy made it out alive and unharmed, but refuses to answer any questions at this time. All Might arrived on the scene and captured the villain. He has been taken into police custody where he will be tried for criminal charges. Back to you at the station."

"Villain scum..." Shouto's lips curled in disgust at the prospect that someone could commit such a horrendous act. He saw a blonde boy on the screen- obviously the one the victim had tried to save because it was written all over his face- before the camera panned back to the news hosts in the studio.

"How truly terrible." The female anchor said. "For anyone wishing to pay their respects, tonight the Hero Foundation will be hosting a citywide candlelight vigil in honor of Izuku Midoriya: a young boy with the heart of a hero."

"Get your umbrella, Shouto. We're going." His father's deep voice bellowed from around the corner.

"Why?"

"Because it's our civic duty to attend." Shouto nodded, actually agreeing with his father for once.

---------------------

"What... happened..." Izuku opened his eyes. "UUAAAHHH! WHY AM I FLYING?!" He found himself hovering overtop city buildings, looking down to see a large crowd of people with candles below. "They must be here to celebrate All Might saving us." He smiled, floating down towards the center of the crowd. "Wuuuhhh..." He flipped upside down by accident. 'This must be the after-affects of that villain's weird quirk.' He concluded.

"H-hey! Would you all help me get down please?!" But there was no answer from the immense crowd. "HEEEEYYYY!" He hollered louder but not a soul looked up. After a few more minutes of fumbling, he was able to adjust his trajectory. He flew to the epicenter, noting a small stage filled with faces he recognized. He caught the sound of his mother's voice in his ears. He felt a pang in his heart upon seeing her grief-stricken state.

"M-mom... What's wrong?! Why are you crying?" He rushed over to her, moving to immediately pull her into a hug, but wasn't able to. "AH!" His translucent form phased right through her and he stumbled forward. "Mom?" He held his hand right in front of her tearful face. "MOM!" He was panicking now. He couldn't understand why nobody could see or hear him. He looked around frantically, then something eerie and out of place caught his attention. A large framed photograph of himself sat nestled in the center of the stage, right in front of the podium.

"What... is-"

"De- I mean Izuku... was a real piece of work..."

"Kacchan?" He stepped past the picture to look at the podium, where Katsuki stood, tears streaming down his face.