🎃☁️ *Destination Fluffery Part 3: A Wardrobe Crisis

Halloween Special. Everyone liked this fluff, so I made it into a series. (Part 1 and 2 are in the Mini Fluff Cleanse chapter. But it's not really a continuation. Just a bunch of stuff in the same universe.) Various Nekos x Reader.

Description: You dressed up as a cat for Halloween. The Nekos at the Fluffery don't know how to handle it.

ART at the bottom!

Your stomach growled, and you were able to smell the bakery from around the corner. Destination Fluffery had recently released their new fall-themed pastries and drinks. Your mouth watered at the mere thought of hazelnut toffee lattes and pumpkin scones drizzled with cinnamon. You definitely earned this after a long evening of volunteering at the local school, handing candy to very noisy little trick-or-treaters. A bit of furry companionship is what you needed to unwind and warm the chill in your bones from the long walk. It was an especially arduous journey since you were still dressed in a cat costume, and your fuzzy boots were not very comfortable. The tiny bell jingled as you opened the door, glowing light reflecting off the warm wooden tables of the establishment.

"Nice costume." The barista said, to which you responded with a sassy:

"MEOW!"

You hadn't thought that action through, because now every Neko's eyes were on you, ears and tails twitching with curiosity. It was just now that you noticed each one of them dressed up in costumes for the holiday. "Oh, they look so cute!" You squealed as the server handed you a hot beverage. The most noteworthy was that of the split-color one. You had come to find his name was Shouto, and he was adorned in the most precious sailor suit. To your amazement, he actually approached you when you looked at him. He was usually the most reserved of the bunch, and you had never been able to coax him into your lap for a snuggle session. One day you had come in with the commitment to get his attention, waiting with an inviting smile and a pocket full of treats. However, your patience had worn thin when your other delightful friends had sat down in front of you, begging for the treats with big round eyes. Of course you gave up and let them have it all.

You went to sit on your favorite couch spot, moving your cumbersome tail out of the way first. It was eerie, having every Neko close in on you as if you were something to eat. 'Oh!' It was then you realized that it was your cat costume drawing their attention. They thought you were one of their kind. You smirked. This was terribly silly. All of them had MET you before, yet they seemed completely captivated by your new ears and tail. Shouto was the first to sit on the couch by your side, looking you up and down. "Hello." You smiled, slowly reaching up to brush his cheek.

"Hello." He replied. He was obviously not as talkative as some of the others, but allowed you to stroke his hair. He nuzzled your cheek with his face in a manner reminiscent of how the Nekos greet each other. The rest of the group sat in a circle right in front of you, as if patiently waiting their turn to meet their new companion. Unlike most, Shouto was very unashamed of how much he liked having his belly rubbed. It was almost to the point of demanding it. When you would take your hand off to have a sip of coffee, he would give you the utmost disparaging gaze until you returned to your ministrations, where he proceeded to purr and close his eyes again.

It wasn't until a streak of white came barreling into the room that you had noticed Little Deku hadn't been amongst the crowd. You moved Shouto just in time before his weight plowed into your lap. He had heard your voice and came running, but his cute little ghost costume had obstructed his vision, causing him to collide with you. You pulled the hood off his face and his smile immediately turned to shock. His ears turned back and down and a blush filled his face.