☁️*Neko!Amajiki x Reader: A Good Home

*Part 4 of the Destination Fluffery Series. (You don't have to read the others to know what's going on. All you need to know is: Everyone at UA is a Neko except you and Shinsou, and they all live at a little cafe called Destination Fluffery.)

For NicoleChan290.

Description: After the Fluffery closes, one little Neko needs to find a new home.     

"Oh! Hey! I'm glad I ran into you." A girl who you knew from the pet café came running up to you in the grocery store.

"Hey. Good to see you." You smiled in greeting. "How's things at the Fluffery? I haven't been there in a few weeks. Busy with school and all."

"Well, that's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Hm?"

"Well... the owners had a bit of money trouble. The landlord raised the rent... so it's become too difficult to care for all the animals. Vet bills are expensive, you know? We had to shut down about a week ago..."

"What?! NO! That's terrible! What's going to happen to the animals?!"

"We are reaching out to find good homes for them."

"Good."

"That's why I hoped I would find you. We wanted to ask our regular guests if they wanted to adopt before we put them through the stress of leaving them at a shelter."

"Of course. That would probably make the transition easier."

"Does that mean you'll adopt?"

"Of course! I'll take any of them. How about Mirio or Little Deku?"

"They were the first to go."

"That figures." You smiled, happy they were going to be taken care of.

"We only have one left."

"It's Kacchan, isn't it..." You knew the aggressive boy would have frightened most potential owners away.

"No, actually. My coworker took him home. You probably don't remember the one I'm thinking of. He was good at keeping himself hidden." She tried to think of a way to describe him. "He was uh... the one who used to chase the butterflies."

"Tamaki?"

"Oh. Is that what his name used to be? A while back we started calling him 'Suneater' because he jumped up and ate the sun stickers off the window. I guess they were blocking his view outside or something." She chuckled at the silly behavior. "So what do you say? Are you interested?"

"I'll take him." You agreed. He may not have been the most friendly and playful in the bunch, but you couldn't possibly let the poor thing be sent to a shelter. You shuddered at the thought of him cold, sad, and alone in that horrible place.

"Thank you so much! It's a huge weight off my chest knowing that they all found good homes."

"Glad to help." She returned your bright smile. "When can I come pick him up?"

-------------------

The café worker brought a very unhappy looking boy out on a leash. His ears were turned back and down, tail tucked beneath him in either fear or submission. It was hard to tell which.

"Do you remember me, Tamaki?" You cooed quietly, slowly taking the leash in your hands. He responded with silence, looking down at the ground. "I know this is new and strange to you, but I can promise you'll feel right as rain soon enough."