☁️Izuku x Reader: The Love Spell Quirk 2/2

Chapter 4: The Dance:

"Do you want to coordinate outfits or something?" You questioned awkwardly at school the next day. He turned to face you.

"Oh, sure." Midoriya agreed. "What's your favorite color?" He gazed down at you and you met his radiant green eyes.

"Green..." You said without thinking. He ran a wandering hand through his hair modestly with a smile, suddenly finding the backpacks on the floor extremely diverting. 'Oh jeez... that was really obvious.' "Ah... er... let's go shopping."

The mall was crowded, especially for a weeknight. "Oh dear..." You said, seeing the prom store flooded with people. "Maybe we should check the men's department first..."

"Agreed." The two of you strolled down the strip, finding a suit store. "Ooh. There's a green one." Midoriya ran ahead to grab a forest-green eyesore of a tux. 'On second thought, that is extremely tacky.' You thought to yourself upon seeing it. You bit your tongue in restraint, noticing how exuberant he was about it.

"Yeaaaahhhh..." You said slowly.

"I'll go try it on." Before even looking at the other options, he sprinted to the dressing room. You snorted to yourself, sifting through some other options. "How do I look?" You heard his voice behind you. You glanced over your shoulder, astonished. It was rather shoddy on the rack but looked fantastic on him. The fit was dead-on and it brought out the beautiful color in his eyes. 'There's no way it could possibly look that good on anybody else.'

"Perfect!" You gushed. "You HAVE to get it!"

"Really?!" He looked taken aback by your sudden compliment. "You think it looks that good?" He regarded himself.

"You look amazing. I'll bet nobody could refuse a dance with you."

"Th-thank you." He mumbled. He hustled back into the dressing room to hide the warm glow pulling at his cheeks. "No way!" You heard him call from the room.

"What is it? What's wrong?" You asked.

"It's on clearance so it's really cheap!" He exclaimed, thrashing the door open.

"See?! You were meant to have it!" You cheered happily. Though at first glance it was easy to see why it was on sale... He paid for the outfit, and you returned to look for a dress.

"Alright. My turn." You explored the plethora of dresses but no matching color appeared. Midoriya noticed.

"Uh..."

"I guess green isn't very popular this season..." You frowned. "And after you already bought your outfit..."

"Don't worry. I'll just wear a matching vest or tie or something-" He suggested. You shrugged in mild disappointment before seeing a beautiful gown call out to you.

"Ooh. Look at that one!" You abandoned him momentarily to run over.

"I guess she's already over it..." Izuku mumbled to himself, trailing behind you. You grabbed it and hustled to the dressing room.

"Well?" You asked, dressed in the elegant fitted wonder.

"Wow..." Midoriya ogled you for a moment before remembering himself. He cleared his throat before speaking. "I er- think it looks really nice on you."

"You think I should get it?"

"Definitely." He gave you a thumbs up, smiling sweetly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------