☁️Amajiki x Reader: Forward

Description: You are way too open about your feelings for Tamaki... but maybe he secretly likes it.

Still deciding on the contest. Gonna wait and make a decision until the end of Amajiki Week. Been writing a whole lot and haven't had much time. 

You were never raised to hide your feelings. In your family, honesty was always the best policy, even when people didn't ask for it, nor accept it. In your most humble opinion, love is a beautiful emotion, one that should be expressed freely. It ought to make the receiver feel valuable and appreciated, or at least that's the reaction you expected from Tamaki...

"Ugh..." He groaned, covering his face with his hands. A few curious classmates had approached your lunch table, asking if the two of you were dating, to which you replied:

"'Course we are! Right, Tamaki?" It was all in jest, as he had never agreed to be romantically involved with you, but you couldn't help but enjoy his flustered reactions. You were utterly addicted to Tamaki's sweet blushes and you were certain that he knew it. You confessed your feelings to him pretty much on a daily basis, so there was no way he didn't know. He never gave you a straight acceptance of your love, which begged the question of whether or not he was actually interested. On the other hand, he hadn't outright rejected you either, so you figured this was just an early stride in winning Tamaki's affections, a necessary step on a long staircase you were willing to climb if he was the end prize. You smiled as he put his head down on the lunch table and Mirio provided him a consoling pat on the back.

Neither he nor Hado ever stopped your mischievous proclamations of love for the raven-haired boy. They simply found your openness refreshing and cute, especially pleased that your fondness was directed toward their shyest friend. They knew how self-conscious he was and were overjoyed to witness him receive so much recognition.

But Tamaki didn't exactly feel that way. Each time you would say such things, he would get terribly flustered and embarrassed. It wasn't that he disliked you or anything like that. In fact, he rather enjoyed your company... when you weren't doing things like this that is... It was all just too fast for him- MUCH too fast. He always imagined when he first started dating a girl that they would slowly grow into their feelings together, at the same pace. He pictured shyly passing notes to someone sweet and quiet like himself, over time becoming a little more daring in sharing glances, and maybe one day confessing beneath the cherry blossoms. Somewhere secluded, romantic and intimate. This, on the other hand, was sort of like being punched in the gut by love. The affection being thrown his way came swifter than a trained greyhound careening towards its prey at warp speed. In these situations, Tamaki didn't have time to feel butterflies when his gut was churning with anxiety from the sudden abruptness of your adoration.

Amajiki could not get used to your unexpected compliments, no matter how often you fired them. He knew that he wasn't smooth when you flirted with him. He wasn't capable of coming up with a quick-witted response on the spot like some other boys could, and this made it all the more painful when those moments came.

"W-why did you say that?" He clenched his eyes shut, not having the willpower to sit up and look you in the eyes. You swept over to him and took his hand in yours.

"Because you're so cute, Tamaki!" He clenched his other fist on the table, ears burning red. You giggled when he let out a helpless little noise before finally letting the poor boy rest. "Well, I'll let you guys get back to lunch. I have to help before the party tonight."