💔Amajiki/Reader: The Meaning of Fear

Hey, so remember when I invented Amajiki Week in 2017 to coincide with my birthday (instead of his) because I wanted everyone to know I created it? Lol Well guess what day it is...

Evidently I didn't do a 2 million read special since it came and went so quickly. But for the 3 million mark and upcoming 100th chapter, here is an angst fic that was rejected from the original Amajiki Week. (There are actually several more of these old lost fics, but this one was the most complete when I found it.)

Description: A fun social event turns tragic, and Amajiki blames himself for not listening to his instincts.

"Come on, Tamaki!" You and Mirio coerced in unison. Amajiki gulped, looking up at the intimidating metal structure behind you. It seemed to brew with a looming specter, creaking when the attendant revved it up for the next batch of eager riders.

"Aren't carnival rides... dangerous?" He took a step away from it, sensing that it had a presence of it's own.

"They're inspected more often than the ones at the big amusement parks." Mirio replied with an encouraging pat to Tamaki's back.

"Yeah. There's nothing to worry about." You smiled. He didn't return it.

"I'm sorry guys... I just have a bad feeling..." He trailed off and looked at the ground, sensing he was ruining the fun for you and Mirio. You decided not to badger him any further and spoil his mood. Lots of people are afraid of heights and amusement park rides, and there was no reason to make your dear friend uncomfortable.

"Alright." You gave him an understanding smile, pulling out a small bill from your wallet. "Would you do me a huge favor and grab me a snack? I'm starving."

"I can get it. You don't have to pay..." But you shoved the cash in his hand anyway, grinning widely.

"Meet you back here in a few minutes." You waved, and Mirio gave him a thumbs up. He held up a hand too, but couldn't shake this feeling of worry. Despite that, he walked over and got in line at a food kiosk, accepting that it was just in his nature to feel that way. 'I should just try to ignore it.'  He told himself, suppressing the feeling. 'F/N and Mirio aren't worried, and they are much better people than me so...'

---------

*click* Mirio's buckle latched into place next to you. You wiggled in excitement as the ride attendant moved on down the line.

*CHUNK* You made a face when your seat made an unsettling noise. "Uh... Sir?" You called for the disgruntled carnival worker, but he must not have heard you. "Sir!" You yelled a little louder, ignored once again.

"Everything okay, F/N?" Mirio asked.

"My seatbelt made a weird sound." You replied, feeling uneasy. He reached out and shook your harness with a flex of his strong arm but the thing didn't budge.

"Feels okay to me." He said, calming you somewhat. "Probably just rust or something..."

"WHOOOO!" You smiled at the excited cheers around you, spurring the ride worker to press the button.

"Hey ho! Let's go!" Mirio started the chant, which caught mostly everyone else on the ride. Before long, you felt yourself lifting off the ground, slowly approaching the peak. From this height you were able to see over the entire fairground, even to the horizon.

"Oh look, there's Tamaki!" You pointed to one of the glowing stands in the darkness. You and Mirio called out to him and waved, but there was no way he would hear you from that distance. You waited with anticipation for the thrill.