🍋Baku/Deku: Grand Theft Bakugou 2/2

"Hah!" Katsuki threw his head back in a laugh as he saw Midoriya's All Might plastered room. "Still a damn nerd..." It was unintentional but the tone in his voice almost came across as endearing. Being the spiteful individual that Katsuki was, he started sifting through Izuku's journals and notebooks for potential embarrassing information. He heard the front door close and assumed Izuku's mother had gone to the grocery store or something. Along the way, sifting through pages, he stumbled upon a drawing of himself. It must have been recent, as it had his current hero outfit, gauntlets and all. In the margins there were legible little notes, written as if in excited haste. All of them were complimentary, phrases like "so cool" and "cutting edge" scribbled down with little arrows pointing at his costume.

"Is he mocking me?!" He growled, assuming they were written ironically. "...No..." His scowl softened. "He had no way of knowing I would ever read this..." He suspiciously turned the page, seeing countless pages written about him, in depth analysis about his character and how he moves. He read them silently to himself, lips parting in awe at the manner in which it was written: with obvious admiration. Had he been wrong about Midoriya's feelings this whole time?

"'Because you're amazing,' he said during our fight... was he just trying to push himself to be like me? So that I'd see us as equals?" This struck a chord within Katsuki, and so many churning feelings filled his gut, guilt being the most prominent. He gripped his hair squeezing his eyes shut tightly. "I'm a fucking idiot..." Under the years of wasted abuse he had subjected Izuku to, a strange tiny flame of euphoria was kindling. Why did it make him so happy to find this out? As if he had a shot with someone who he had tortured over the years.... Hell, he even committed a felony to try and uproot him from his life. His heart shed all those past resentments like leaves, feeling an undying need to reconcile with-

"AH!" Suddenly, Katsuki saw a rush of colors and light, the earth was shifting. A dizzying gasp and his blurred vision returned. "Why... am I on the floor..." Katsuki found himself sprawled on his back, damp and in a distracted haze. He sat up, realizing he was fully nude, hand dripping with a sticky white substance that didn't take a genius to identify. He saw his square positioning right in front of his bedroom mirror, puzzle pieces snapping together in his mind. A smile crept up his lips. "Deku..."

"GAH!" Izuku lifted his head from the desk in horror, recognizing the familiarity of his own room. "Oh god! OH GOD! NOT NOW! NOT RIGHT NOW!" The color drained from Midoriya's face. "KACCHAN'S GONNA REALIZE I WAS-" He slapped his hands over his mouth in terror.

"Shit..." Katsuki winced as the cold rain pelted him again on the way out the door. He had to find his Deku this instant. Luckily, he knew exactly where he was at the moment and was making a beeline towards that location. Izuku felt his stomach drop when he heard a loud pounding on his front door. Why he decided to answer it, he had no idea. Did he have a death wish? No. But maybe he just knew Katsuki well enough to know that, if he wanted to get in, no door would stop him.

"H-hi Kacchan..." Izuku's voice came out screechy and louder than intended, and he was clearly shaking like a leaf.

"Are you gonna let me in or not? It's raining..."

"Oh-uh... yeah, sorry." He gestured Katsuki inside. "L-let me get you a towel..." Before he could speak, Izuku had run off, leaving him standing by the entrance. He strolled off to his room, since it almost felt like he owned the place now. "Eh? Kacchan?"

"In here." He hollered quietly, glancing at the same notebook he'd been sifting through only moments ago. Izuku gulped on his way into the room, shyly peering from behind the stack of towels in his arms.

"W-what a relief we switched back, huh?" Midoriya laughed nervously, trying to break the tension in the room. Katsuki approached, backing Izuku against the door before taking a towel.