☁️Tenya x Reader: Pebbles are for the Birds

Tenya x Reader: Pebbles are for the Birds (Fluff)

Description: Young Iida is awkward and doesn't know how people confess to each other. So he turns to the next best source of knowledge: Animal Planet. 

The elementary schoolyard: a place for safe supervised fun. However, to Tenya Iida, it was also a daunting goliath of social paradigms. Though beloved by every teacher and parent he'd ever met, his peers didn't seem to show the same love and appreciation for meticulous rule-followers such as himself. In fact, he was even teased for it more often than not.

Tenya sat on his usual spot in the grass with a book, watching his peers play their recess away. He personally had plenty of time for training and exercise with his older brother after school each day, so he didn't feel the need to exert himself. School hours, in his mind, were strictly for the nourishment of the mind. Besides, his athletic lessers on the playground would struggle to keep up, further alienating him from their group. Therefore he sat here, book in hand, occasionally keeping an eye on the other kids in case they needed help or a scolding for breaking the rules.

There were days, though, that he wished he could fit in with the others, to just go along with their dimwitted ideas without question and be popular. Only one person's opinion truly mattered to him though, and that particular girl never once asked him to compromise his integrity. He eyed the playground, scanning for-

"Hi Tenya!" You broke his focus.

"Ah! H-hello F/N!" He rose stiffly, polite and gentlemanly.

"Whatcha reading?" You asked him, pointing to the book he had dropped to the ground.

"Oh uh... 'A Hero's Strategy' by Sir Nighteye." He stated proudly, holding up the cover.

"Ooh! What's it about?" Your curiosity was peaked.

"It's about predicting the moves of your enemies, thus improving your likelihood of a successful rescue."

"Wow! That's so cool!" You sat down, patting a spot on the grass next to you. His brows furrowed in confusion, but he obeyed the nonverbal command. "Tell me more about it." Iida's face lit up. How rare it was to find someone to discuss intelligent and important matters of the future with. But, then again, that's why he favors you the way that he does.

You let him lecture you a while, enjoying his blissful excitement. Something about Tenya was never boring. He poured his heart and soul into everything he did. Even now, even if the subject was boring, he managed to capture you with how animated he was when he spoke, throwing his hands in all directions to convey a point. The sunlight sparkled off his glasses and his impassioned eyes.

BOONNNGGGG

The school bell rang, signifying your time together had ended.

"Forgive me." He frowned. "I fear I may have wasted your recess..."

"Oh no! You didn't waste it, silly." You stood and offered him a hand. "I learned something so it wasn't a waste. You're so smart, Tenya." He was taken aback by the sudden praise. So much so, that he forgot to give you a proper thank you before watching you run off. He merely stood there, blushing with a crooked smile, a new mission formulating in his mind. He now had to find a way to tell you how you made him feel.

He walked home from school mumbling to himself. It was not totally uncommon behavior for him, so nobody really questioned it. 'Maybe I could ask brother what to do. ...No. He's probably so good with girls that he won't understand...' He puzzled all evening until his brain was sore. In the past he had seen other boys confess to their crushes in different ways. Some of them got rejected while others didn't. However, he couldn't pick out the common denominator among the victorious ones.