Understanding

You held on to your brother's leg, letting the cold rain drops fall onto your skin, making you shiver. Jungkook held his six year old sister close as he watched the casket being lowered into the six-foot deep hole in front of him. He glanced at the other one, the silver decorations reflecting the people standing around it. A few more tears slipped from the corner of his eyes as he remembered his parents' love for him and his siblings and all the memories they had taken with them to the afterlife.

Now you, being six, didn't really understand what was going on. You looked up at your twelve year old brother, wondering why he was crying. And that was the same with all your other siblings. You wanted answers and looked for someone who didn't seem all that affected – Namjoon.

You waddled over to the fifteen year old and tugged on his pants leg. He acknowledged you and patted your head. You had so many questions to ask, you didn't know where to start. "What did you want, kiddo?"

You looked down at your neon pink light up shoes and then at the black dress your mom had bought you at your favorite store. You looked at your brother who had bent down to your height. You took in a deep breath and asked, "Where's eomma and appa?"

Namjoon looked at the caskets being placed into the ground. He sighed and turned his attention back to you. "They're in Heaven, with grandma and grandpa."

You gave him a confused look. "But Taehyung told me that they went on a trip."

"They were, but someone wasn't doing what they were supposed to – they were breaking the rules," Namjoon explained.

"Did they go to jail?"

He nodded. "Oh, yeah." Your brother reached out and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear. "That's what happens to people who disobey."

You nodded. "So why are they being put in the ground?"

Namjoon shrugged. "It's just a tradition people do, I guess."

"So what's going to happen to us?" You asked.

Your brother looked over to the oldest sibling who had his eyes closed, tears slipping out from the corners. "Since it's so close to hyung's eighteenth birthday, which will make him a legal adult, he will be taking care of us."

"So Jin's our eomma now?"

Namjoon grinned. "Yup. So now, you'll have to listen to him, alright? I know how much you hate him bossing you around."

You smiled and giggled. You felt your brother's arms lace around you and soon you were lifted up off the ground, sitting on Namjoon's hip. "So what happens now?"

He shrugged. "We carry on with life like normal. We'll probably come here every now and then."

The rain stopped falling on you two and you looked behind you to see Yoongi holding up the umbrella. The rest of your sibling were slowly making their way over to you, their mouths shut as if it was a sin to speak. You took one last look at the dirt mound in front of you as you were being carried away, back home. I love you, eomma. I love you, appa.

---