Movie Day

It was the last day of school before Christmas break and the last two hours were going to be spent watching a movie in the gym. The whole middle school and high school were scattered around the gym floor in front of the projector. They were playing some old black and white movie about Christmas.

The groups of friends scattered about had blankets, snacks, and soda along with their phones. You, however, didn't have anyone to sit with. Most of your friends were going to sit in a corner somewhere so they could be on their phones without disturbing people. They didn't want to watch the movie but you did so you wanted to find someone else to sit with.

You found Jungkook in his friend group. They were messing around, though, laughing a little too loudly and constantly getting shushed by other students or teachers.

Taehyung was amongst his friends, sleeping. He had a big test today that he had studied for all night and he barely got any sleep. He was taking advantage of the nap time.

And then you saw Jimin wave his arm towards you, telling you to come over his way. You skipped over and Jimin wrapped his blanket around you, pulling the sixth grader into his lap. "You want to sit with me?"

You nodded. "Yes, please."

Jimin motioned to the variety of snacks and soda cans in front of him. He and his friends pitched in at the snack machines to stock up on as many bags of chips as they could. "You can have anything you want."

"Okay, Jimin," you said, getting comfortable in his lap, laying your head on his shoulder so you could watch the movie. At least you had one friend to sit with.

---