Absent

Jin looked at the clock and then to his siblings. "School ended 45 minutes ago. Where is she?"

Yoongi glanced at Jungkook. "This is why you can't get sick. You are always the one who walks her home."

Jungkook sniffled. "It's not my fault Tae-hyung got me sick."

Jimin looked at the sidewalk outside of their home. "You don't think..."

"Don't even mention it, Jimin," Namjoon growled.

"I hope my dongsaeng is okay," Hoseok cooed, fogging up the glass of the window he was looking out of.

"I'm sure she is. Maybe she went home with a friend or had to stay after school," Taehyung wondered.

"That's it, I'm calling her." Yoongi stood up and dialed his little sister's number, waiting for her reply.

"Put it on speaker, Yoongi," Jin said, sitting up straighter.

The phone rang a few times, and then your calm voice filled the air.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you?!" all your siblings asked at once.

"Oh. I just took a quick detour," you said nonchalantly.

"A quick detour?!" Namjoon scoffed.

"They were redoing the sidewalk so I had to go another way," you explained. "Yeah, I know. I got lost for a while, but then I saw that coffee shop Jimin always takes me to before volleyball games and I remembered where I was."

"Then where are you now? You're making your oppa worry," Hoseok said.

"A store," you answered.

"What-" Jungkook stopped himself before he started yelling. You scared him, and you were acting like it was no big deal that you didn't come home like you were supposed to. "What store?"

"The one that Taehyung goes to all the time. You know? The one that has all the stuffed animals and different candies," you answered.

"Why didn't you take me?" Taehyung whined.

"Why are you there?" Jimin asked, the only one keeping his fear and anger out of his voice.

"Because I saw those candies that you guys die for that are always sold out," you said. There was a lot of rustling and then your faint voice saying "thank you." More rustling followed by a bell and then you continued to talk through the phone. "And I decided to get you guys some."

"My dongsaeng is so precious!" Hoseok grinned, forgetting about the worry and fear he had experienced just moments ago.

"You're grounded, (Y/N)," Jin said.

"What?!" Your voice was loud, making it obvious at how annoyed you were by this. "I just bought you your favorite candies and then you ground me?!"

"That's what you get for not calling us sooner to tell us," Yoongi said.

"It was supposed to be a secret." The sound of wind drowned out the rest of what you said. They figured out that you were probably running now, trying to make it home.

"Just hurry up," Namjoon ordered.

"We'll think about it when you get home, alright?" Jimin asked.

"Whatever. Love you," you said, ending the call.

---

Posted super super early because school is in an hour :)

Now that summer is over, I can't spend 7+ hours a day watching BTS videos  😰