Soothing

You rubbed your eyes as you slipped out of bed, your night gown unraveling after being bunched up from your restless sleep. Your bare feet quietly walked towards your door and you gently turned the doorknob. You subconsciously walked down the hall all the way to the stairs. You turned and faced the room that had once belonged to your parents. You opened the door and looked around the dark room, an eerie aura exiting as the door creaked open.

It hadn't been driven through your head yet that your parents were dead. Yes, your brothers tried to explain the best they could but you still didn't understand. You knew they wouldn't return but something kept you from believing they were dead.

You walked into the room, seeing the golden night light by your mother's side of the bed, casting a dim glow on that side of the room. You reached up and flicked on the lights.

Taehyung was the last one to go to bed. He had been up all night and was just now shutting down. He walked up the stairs but noticed his parents' door was open, a light spilling out into the hallway making a shadow of someone standing appear on the floor. For a split second, Taehyung thought his parents were still alive and he couldn't wait to rush in there and hug them. But reality struck and he figured he was just seeing things.

Until he heard your voice.

"Eomma? Appa? Why are you hiding?" Your tiny voice filled the air, sending a chill down Taehyung's spine. He walked up and stood in the doorway, watching as you returned from the bathroom.

You noticed your brother watching you. "Tae, where is eomma and appa? Are they hiding?"

Taehyung couldn't handle it. He felt his bottom lip quiver and a tear slipped down his cheek. "No, (Y/N)."

"Oh." You looked at the bed and let your thoughts wander. "Where are they?"

"They're dead," Taehyung said. His voice wavered and he didn't mean to be so harsh about it.

You became silent and your brother felt more tears fall. Taehyung watched as your eyes scanned the room and then feeling as if someone had stabbed him when he saw a tear, clearer than a diamond, slip down your still expression. Your brother had finally made you realize that they were indeed, dead, and never returning.

You began to cry and your brother walked over to pick you up. Taehyung felt you ball his shirt up around his neck and use it as a tissue as he shut the lights off and closed the door to his parent's room. He made his way to the room he shared with his brothers, Jungkook and Jimin, who were fast asleep. Taehyung tried not to disturb them as he let you cry into his shoulder, then quietly fall asleep. 

---

I wrote too many cute stories so I threw in a sad one :)