Unfair

You trudged out your school's doors and to the car, tears finally freeing themselves from the dam in your eyes. You reached the car and threw the door open, slamming it shut behind you.

You heard Yoongi messing around in the trunk, probably trying to find something belonging to him that either a twin or Jungkook threw back there as always. "Not even a hello?" he asked, hearing you slam the door.

You didn't bother to respond, letting the tears fall. You began to take off your volleyball shoes to replace with your normal shoes, trying to find something that would take your mind off things for a moment.

Yoongi returned to the driver's seat and looked at you. Seeing your tears, he simply thought it had something to do with girl drama of some sort, but something told him it wasn't that. "You okay?"

You wiped your nose and solemnly nodded, lying.

Of course, even an idiot would have seen through your lie. "For real, what's wrong?"

You hugged the sweatshirt you were wearing earlier. You tried to explain but your brother couldn't hear anything over your sobs.

Yoongi reached over and wiped your tears away. "Stop crying and answer me."

You nodded and did your best to hold the rest of the tears back. "I didn't make the JV team."

Yoongi looked at you. "So? You're in the eighth grade, (Y/N). I wouldn't think you would, or any other eighth grader for that matter."

You started sobbing again and Yoongi reminded himself to tread lightly. "Just explain more."

You looked at him through tears and said, "Everyone else got on, but me."

Yoongi looked past you to see your friends walk out of school, smiling. He looked at you and thought of the people who he thought were nowhere near as good as you. "Even (Friends/N) and (Friends/N)?"

You nodded. "Coach said that they could sit bench, but he didn't even acknowledge me."

Yoongi felt anger fill up his body. He hated that. You worked harder than most of the girls on your team, yet you got treated like you were just a mere scrub. He started the car. "How about I talk to Coach?"

You shrugged and chewed on your sweatshirt's sleeve, a habit of yours when you're upset. "I doubt he'll do anything."

"You never know," Yoongi answered. He drove out of your school's parking lot. "But even if he says no, I'll find a way to get you on that team. You just wait and see, kiddo."

---