The Boogeyman

"Kim Yoongi," your dad said, waking up your brother at 2AM.

Yoongi groaned and rolled over in his bed before sitting up to look at who had woken him up. "What?"

Being careful of not to wake up the other people sleeping in the room, your dad didn't raise his voice. "I believe you have some explaining to do."

Yoongi looked at his dad, confused on why he was getting reprimanded at two in the morning. "What did I do?"

As if it was an answer to his question, you looked at your fifteen year old brother from behind your dad's leg. You were holding on to it tightly like it was your lifeline. "I believe you have scared your little sister to point where she wants to sleep with me and eomma."

Yoongi blinked. He remembered telling you about how the boogeyman would come and eat you up if you didn't eat all your food at dinner. You had left a small portion of rice left and you were worried that a monster was going to climb through your window and gobble you up. Yoongi meant it as a joke, but he should've known that a five-year old wouldn't know the difference.

"Why don't you accompany your sister to her room and make sure nothing eats her tonight," your dad suggested.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and reluctantly slid out of his warm bed, taking his blanket with him. He made his way over to you and picked you up. He noticed the tears streaked down on your face and he felt a tiny prick of guilt in his gut. "Mian, appa."

Yoongi carried you down the hall to your room and sat you down on the bed. He tucked you in and made sure all your stuffed animals were around you. He sat down and curled up on the floor making a small pallet. "Good night, (Y/N)."

***

Yoongi woke up and felt a weight on top of him. He opened his eyes and looked down to see that you had crawled out of your bed and slept next to him on the floor. You were in a deep sleep, using your brother as a pillow. Your steady breathing was the only thing he could hear. He decided to drift back to sleep, not wanting to disturb your peaceful slumber.

---