Encouragement

You sighed and prepared for all the criticism to hit you.

"You need to be faster."

"Make sure you have your form right."

"You need to practice more."

You didn't even bother eating yet because you knew you would have to defend yourself soon. You had just returned home after a volleyball game. As always, your brothers soon began to critique you and your game.

"Call the ball more. No one can hear you."

"I know," you answered.

"Be sure to keep your eyes on the ball. You're like Taehyung – you zone out a lot."

"Okay," you said subconsciously.

One after another, your brothers told you what you were doing wrong and what you needed to work on. Except for one.

Hoseok listened and watched as his siblings prodded at his little sister. He didn't partake in the comments though. In his eyes, you did your best, and that's all you could do. So what you weren't perfect? No one was perfect. He thought you had been one of the best players out there, even if his brothers disagreed with him.

Your siblings began to leave the table, full and ready to watch TV or play on the internet. Hoseok slid over to the chair beside you that Jimin had been sitting in and hugged you.

"Are you here to low-key tell me that I'm awful at volleyball, too?" You asked.

"Of course not, (Y/N)," Hobi said as he rubbed your shoulder. "I came to tell you how well you did!"

This took you by surprise. You sat quietly, wondering what he could possibly have to say.

"You did so good out there tonight! I couldn't be any prouder of my dongsaeng," Hobi gushed. "I know they don't think that way. They always want to make you perfect, but you know what? I think you did just fine. You did you're best, and I'm really proud of you for that."

Your half-chewed dinner sat in your cheek, making you look like a chipmunk as you gave your brother an incredulous look. Tears formed at the corners of your eyes and you hugged you brother. "Thank you, Hobi."

---