Scared

Namjoon's eyes fluttered open and he looked around the room. The dark shadow of night covered everything in a sheet of black. He sat up and looked at the bright red numbers on the clock, telling him it was too early to be awake.

But then he remembered why he woke up. He had a dream where you, his dearest sibling, had fallen terribly ill and there was nothing anyone could do about it. The doctors claimed that there wasn't a cure and you would die soon. Namjoon hoped he would wake up before you met your demise, but that wasn't the case. There you were on your death bed in the hospital, surrounded by your grieving brothers.

Namjoon choked. You were okay, right? You were just across the hall from his room, sleeping soundly, right? You weren't sick or anything.

Of course, your brother had to make sure his little sister was okay. He threw the covers off of him and rushed out his room and into yours.

Except you weren't asleep.

You looked up, wide eyed from the book you were reading. You expected him to get onto you, confiscating your book and reading lamp until you got up for breakfast but Namjoon only smiled and took a deep breath.

"You don't know how happy I am to see you awake," he muttered, close to tears. He wasn't one to get scared, but sometimes it just took one thing to make him shiver.

You closed your book. "Um, okay...?"

Namjoon just chuckled. "It's best if you don't know, but you need to get to bed, okay?"

You nodded. "Yeah, okay."

"And make sure you scream if something bad happens."

"Mhm."

"Like a murderer or something comes in or maybe you get deathly ill."

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing – just get to sleep," he said, gaining back his composure and closing the door behind him.

---

what

what does "10.8k reads" mean

*author contemplates how her writing may actually be enjoyable*

wow

thanks guys

*is very quiet because of the shock that has set in*

Me showing all my friends at how people actually read my stories and (hopefully) enjoy them ^^