Protection

It was time to go home after staying at school with Namjoon. He had stayed to help a teacher with grading papers. He just happened to be her teacher's pet, too.

You had the choice to leave with your other siblings but you wanted to stay so you could play with your kindergarten friends that stayed at after school care.

Namjoon knocked on the classroom's door frame and motioned for you to come with him. You grabbed your backpack and hugged your friends before following your brother. It was raining outside and neither you nor Namjoon had an umbrella or jacket so he called Jin to pick the two of you up. Your brother didn't want you to freeze on the long walk home.

You sat down in the lobby and took out your coloring sheet and coloring utensils. Namjoon just hooked his headphones up once he was through with the call.

"Oh, look who it is," someone sneered behind him.

Namjoon looked in the direction of the voice and frowned. "What do you want?"

"Why is the teacher's pet staying after school? You ain't got a ride home?" The classmate smirked. "Why don't you get your teacher – err, girlfriend – to take you home?"

"What are you implying?"

"We all know the real reason you stay after school," the boy said. "I mean, she's a cutie and just out of college."

"I was just helping her with grading papers." Namjoon defended. "I can't help it people like me, unlike you."

The boy just sighed and in a quick move he punched your brother. Namjoon swore, catching your attention.

You turned around and looked at your brother. You gasped and slide off your chair. " Oppa!" You ran over to him and tried to push your brother's attacker away. "Don't hurt my brother!"

The upperclassman just laughed. "Move out of the way, kid," he snipped, pushing you to the ground.

Namjoon glared at him. He could take a few hits himself, but if someone dared to lay a hand on his sister, they would soon regret it.

"No one touches my sister," Namjoon growled as he pushed the guy to the ground and punched him.

***

Namjoon sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Hyung is suspended?" Jimin asked, chuckling. "I didn't think freshmen were supposed to get into fights."

Namjoon just shrugged. "It wouldn't have happened if he just kept his hands off (Y/N)."

You were sitting in Jin's lap, poking the bruise on your shoulder from the boy. "He hurt oppa!"

Namjoon smiled. He appreciated your efforts to protect him, but you were just six so it wouldn't have done much anyways. "Thank you, kiddo."

---

I find it adorable when my friends that have siblings stand up for their little/big sisters/brothers and it makes me wish that I had siblings...