Progress

"Catch me!" you called to your brother. You slid down the slide into Namjoon's arms. You quickly escaped his grasp to go up another time, happy that the park was deserted.

"She seems to be taking it well," Jin said quietly, looking up at the cloudy sky.

Namjoon shrugged. "She's young. She shouldn't let it bother it her."

Jin nodded and watched as you ran back and forth on the stepping stones. He was worried about you. He didn't have the ability to read your mind and find out if your smile was fake, hiding the pain of your parents' death from your brothers. "What if she's lying?"

Namjoon gave his brother a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"She could be hiding all her sadness from us!" Jin blurted out. "What if her smile is just for pretend?"

You slid down the slide for the umpteenth time, but no one was there to catch you. You slid down into the puddle of water below, making your navy blue skirt darker that it already was. "Jin-oppa!"

Hearing his sister cry for him using a term she rarely used, he turned his full attention towards you. "What happened?" he asked as he picked up his soaking wet sibling.

"Namjoon didn't catch me!" you explained. "I'm cold, Jin."

Your other brother had already started taking off his coat. He wrapped it around you, grinning. You were being swallowed by a black mass, and it drug on the ground when you walked. "We'll go back home and get you changed, okay?" Namjoon asked.

You smiled, which was a reassuring sign for Jin. "Okay! But carry me!" You stretched out your arms and your oldest sibling hoisted you up into the air. Your arms were around his neck and you could see Namjoon walking behind him, teeth chattering in the cold. You reached your hand out to him, persuading him to take it. "Hold my hand, Namjoonie!" He gladly accepted, taking your small hand into his.

She will be okay.

---