•Twenty•

"Alright, our first activity is canoeing, you'll all be racing against the opposite team in your group"Our teacher explained with tired eyes. "I've never done that before.."I whispered nervously to Jungkook, he turned his gaze towards me. "I'll show you how, it's easy"he tried calming me down and earned a small smile from me. "O-okay"I took a deep and nervous sigh.
-
"On your marks"
"Get set"

"Remember, follow the rhythm and you'll get the hang of it"he whispered, reminding me. "Follow the rhythm..got it"I squinted my eyes and hoped for the best and that everything goes smoothly.

"Go!"

And we're off, I focused on how he controlled his rowing stick and I followed, I tried following the rhythm.

"You got it! Keep it up, Lucie!"he praised me with smiling eyes, his wide smile was too contagious and I couldn't help but smile back. We were so distracted by each other, we totally forgot about Hoseok and SangYoo competing against us.

"Hah! We're gaining on you"Sangyoo teased and stuck out her tongue at me and Jungkook, I rolled my eyes.

We picked up our pace and out run them, we passed the finishing line and we threw our hands up in cheer, I chuckled at the sound off Sangyoo groaning.

"We did it, I knew you'd do well!"he pulled me in for a hug, my eyes widened at his sudden action.

"Our next activity, one person from one team will have to balance on a log with another person from the other team, and it's the next person from the group

"Our next activity, one person from one team will have to balance on a log with another person from the other team, and it's the next person from the group. Your points are being added so whoever wins, doesn't have to do homework for a week!"Our teacher chuckled and held her clipboard tight to her chest. The murmurs of students saying "yes!" filled my ears.

"Lucie and Sangyoo, you're both up for the log now"Teacher called out and we obeyed. We both got a head start to keep out balance, we looked at each other sternly.

"..and....Start!"

We went for each other, our hands met and we tried flinging each other off of the log and into the lake. Not going to lie, Sangyoo is pretty strong.

Her foot collided with my ankle, causing me to fall backwards and hitting my head off of the deck that stood out like a sand spit, my back came in contact with the water and I felt a sore and heavy impact on my back, after that, everything went pitch black. The last thing I could hear was the muffled sounds of Jungkook and Hoseok screaming my name.
-
I struggled to open my eyes, rubbing them my sight became much clearer.

"..J-Jungkook?"I whispered, it was the first thing that came to mind weirdly enough.

"Lucie, you're going to be fine, do you feel okay-"he ran up to my bedside and rambled on, until I interrupted him.

"I'm fine"I giggled and looked at him in awe at how pitiful he looked.

"What kind of stupid game was that-and why did they have the log so close to the deck!?"I cried and watched at how Jungkook couldn't contain his laughter over the way I shook my head as I complained. (-Jin)

When I calmed down, I looked down at my fidgety fingers and suddenly feel a warm hand came in contact with my cheek, I slowly looked up to find Jungkook suddenly sitting closer to me.

"Is your head hurting?"he asked and leaned in. "S-sort of.."I gulped and he smiled. He placed his hand on my back and he dragged me in for a big hug, it was unexpected, that's how fast he pulled me in. My cheek squished against his shoulder and his chin against my ear, he lowered his head so his mouth was close to my ear, his heavy breathing sent chills down my spine and he whispered. "I'm never letting you go near any logs again!-especially floating ones"he joked and I smiled a toothy smile, a unwanted tear escaped my eye. I don't know why though. His whisper soothed me but also made the tips of my ears red.

"A-are you..crying?"he pulled out of the hug but his hands stayed in place. "I just don't want to go through that again, it was the most painful thing in the world" I suddenly broke down, a big lump in my throat made it even harder for me to speak or swallow.

"It's okay, I got you now.."he pulled me in again but tighter, I sobbed into his shoulder. "...my head is killing me"I whispered, we both giggled.
-
After the doctor told me I was fine and my head injury wasn't serious, I was sent back to the camp.

"Lucie, are you okay now!?"Hoseok ran over to me and Jungkook, I could hear Jungkook scoff.

"I'm fine, it was just a miner accident. Nothing serious-apparently"I smiled with an unsure expression, he returned the smile and pulled me in for a tight hug. Jungkook glided his tongue across his gum in annoyance. He walked away, towards Sangyoo.

Jungkook's POV:

"Shouldn't it be obvious now?"I ask her with a pissed off tone, she pulls a confused expression. "What?".

"You know what?" I deeply sigh.

"Don't worry about it, it's only been a few weeks"she smirks and walks away, she stops and turns around. "Are you afraid Lucie will find out?"she chuckles.

"No"I mumble and bit down on my dry bottom lip, she resumes on walking away. My breathing became heavy and my fist and jaw clenched, the anger suddenly disappeared as soon as Lucie came in view. I smiled.

Lucie's POV:

"Jungkook-ah"I wandered around the camp looking for Jungkook. "Where did he disappear too?"I thought to myself.

"Yah"He said, I jumped in fright as he appeared in front of me. "Don't do that"I laughed and playfully slapped his arm.

"Did you enjoy the sympathy party?"he asked sarcastically, walking closer to me.

"Aish, I don't need sympathy"I replied and brushed my hand through my hair, keeping my gaze to the ground.

Out of nowhere, he pulled me into a warm hug. "I really need a hug"he whispers softly in my ear.

"Something bothering you?"I ask him with concern.

"No"he responded blankly.

Jungkook's POV:

"No" I lied in response.

~~Sorry for the late update, I was quite busy

~~
Sorry for the late update, I was quite busy. This might be a crap chapter but I'll try and make the next one better. :)

Hope yall enjoyed reading <3
-
Sang Yoo has something up her sleeve, but will she get away with it?
-