•Fourtynine•

"With who?"

"Never mind, Chanyeol. Just forget about it, okay?"

"Come on, I won't rat on you."he said, his eyes gazing into mine with sincerity. I wasn't going to give in, he would rat on me. I know he would.

"Can I guess?"

"No, Chanyeol. Just let it go."

"Is it someone I know?"he leaned in and I held a breath.

"It is...oh my."he sat back and grinned, I went to stand up and move but I was stopped when he grabbed my wrist and sat me back down again.

"I shall write a list of guys I know who know you and put two and two together."

"What part of 'forget about it' do you not understand, huh?"I glared at him and his grin faded, I snatch my wrist out of his grip and stood up and sat somewhere else. Life was being to difficult right now, I was being punished for loving Jungkook.
-
"Your mom called my phone. She didn't sound too happy."

"Yeah because I fucking walked out on Jin."

"Oh...why?"Jungkook asked as he rested on the sofa. "I can't explain, I just had to leave."

My phone began to ring, like crazy.

"Hello?"I sighed deeply, knowing fully well who was on the other end of the phone. "Lucy, you've left me no choice."

"Wait, what?"

"I'm setting up a date for Jin and you to be wedded. I wanted you both to fall in love naturally, but you're not even trying with him...are you seeing someone else?"My mother snapped, I glanced at Jungkook, nervously. I knew I had to save myself.

"Yes, I am."I confessed and Jungkook jerked up a bit, he was taken back, afraid of what I would tell her next.

"Who?"

Jungkook gulped and nodded side to side.

"Jung Hoseok."I blurted out, without thinking. The only name that came to mind. Jungkook glared at me with knotted brows, as if to say, "what the hell are you thinking?!"

"Do you love him?"my mother asked softly. Memories of Hoseok intervened, the way he would look at me and the way he would unintentionally make me smile. He's my best friend, of course I love him.

"Yeah."I confessed after a moment of hesitation, I could hear her exhale deeply on the other line. "Can I meet him? I know you both were really close in high school-"

"When?"

"Tomorrow, if it suits."

"Okay, see you tomorrow. I love you."I bid my mother good bye, and was met with a shocked Jungkook. "What the hell was that? The lies are just adding up now, you're going to lead Hoseok on again?"

"No, I'll tell Hoseok my situation and I'll definitely make sure not to lead him on."

"But you're going to have to act lovey dovey, of course he's going to fall for you again!"Jungkook stated, I wasn't in the mood for an argument. "And how do you think I feel about this? First Jin and now Hoseok? You'd go bat shit crazy if I 'pretended' to be in a relationship with other girls, put yourself in my shoes, Lucy."

"I know I know, I'm sorry. But this is what I have to do to prevent them from finding out that I'm in love with my stepbrother."I explained, my sight becoming glassy by the second.

"Why don't we just....come clean, get it over with. It's better being punished then pretending I don't want to spend my life with you, I want to hold and kiss you in public, but that's never going to happen. Is it?"Jungkook stood up and walked towards me, he rested his hands on my shoulders.