•Fifty•

"So, are you up for it?"I ask Hoseok, who seems shocked and confused about the whole situation. "We don't have to if you don't want to.."

"This is unexpected, I mean with everything that happened-"he furrowed his brows, thinking of what to say. "Sangyoo is heavily pregnant and won't stop pestering me, you set me up on blind dates and I have no interest in them, to be honest. Overall, I have a lot on my plate.."

"Scrap your plate clean and just consider my plan, I really have no one else to go to right now.."I sat across from him and messaged my temples, I have a banging headache, I am hungover.

"Where's Jungkook?"

"We had an argument about the whole idea, he left me last night. It's all too much for him, I didn't consider his feelings and just- it just happened and if I could go back in time, I would."I exhaled heavily as I averted my gaze from the ground to Hoseok, He gave me a pitiful smile.

"This won't be fair on me you know, I mean, I did have strong feelings for you and it probably hasn't gone away completely.."he stated with a slight frown, it was true, it wouldn't be fair. I'm taking advantage of him and his feelings just to con everyone, I never realised how much of a terrible person I am.

 I'm taking advantage of him and his feelings just to con everyone, I never realised how much of a terrible person I am

"You're right, this is a shitty idea. I best be going."I admitted before standing up, I go to walk out of his living room only to have my wrist grabbed. "This one time, and that's it."he gave in and I felt relieved but also guilty, I didn't want him to think that I was manipulating him.

"I promise, I will never drag you into my drama again. Thank you Hobi."I turned to him with an expression full of genuine gratefulness, he smiled when I called him 'Hobi'. I haven't called him that in a while.

"Pinky promise?"

I chuckled before lacing my pinky around his and then colliding thumbs.
-
Tonight, I'm going to pretend Hoseok is my new companion, just for one night. I wasn't sure how this would all play out.

I watched in awe as Hoseok gawked our the window at all the cars and busy citizens passing by, indeed he was very handsome and his personality was beautiful. Maybe if I had met him before Jungkook or if he had made a move first, I would've fallen for him.

I'm such a bitch.

I took him for granted.

I'm about to do it again, consensually.

"Thank you again, Hobi...for doing this."I was grateful, but also frustrated at my stupidity. Why did I bring Hoseok into this?

"You know I would do anything for you, Lucy."he replied, he looked as if he wasn't supposed to reveal that to me, he cleared his throat. "I mean, you're my best friend."he saved himself, I smiled at his cuteness.

"I don't know how this will all play out."I puffed with nervousness, I didn't want this to blow up in my face. But maybe I would have it coming.

"It will be fine, I swear."Hoseok reassured me as he walked closer towards me, I bit my lip as butterflies roamed around my insides with nervousness. "I hope you're right."

"Come on, we should get going. I want to make a good first impression for your mother and step father!"Hoseok grinned, lightening up the mood a bit.

I stood up and followed him out of the apartment building and down to his vehicle.

The ride there was silent but it was a comfortable silence, we didn't have to make small talk or tell jokes to pass the time. We just listened to some of his mixtapes.

"What is this one called again?"

"Baseline."Hoseok replied with a contagious grin, I nodded along to the bopping tune. "I love it."

"We're here!"he said the words I dreaded to hear, we were at Jungkook's house. I'd have to be affectionate towards Hoseok, which I'm sure, he wasn't looking forward to. He didn't want to regain old feelings for me, or even evolve those feelings that he still might have for me.

My brows knotted as Hoseok got out of the car and ran to the passenger side of the car just to be a gentle man, and open the car door for me. "Hobi, you don't have to do that.."I said with a chuckle and he purked his lips and shrugged. "All you have to do in return, is say 'thank you'."he closed the door behind me and placed his hand on my waist and we walked in sync to the door, I inhaled and exhaled deeply before opening the door.

"Hello?"

"Lucy!-and you must be Hoseok, pleasure to meet you!"my mother approached us with excitement, I chuckled nervously as Hoseok's grip tightened, I wouldn't blame him, he must be nervous too.

"Ah, lovely to meet you, Mrs Jeon."Hoseok greeted her softly before bowing repeatedly, earning a small smile from me. "I don't know why Lucy never mentioned your relationship before. How long have you been dating?"

"Oh uh-"I was suddenly interrupted and possibly saved when Hoseok spoke.

"We dates for a while but we made it official 5 months ago."Hoseok stated confidently with a toothy smile, did he think and plan all of this out? "She's not a pain in the butt yet, no?"My mother asked jokingly and I scoffed, Hoseok chuckled. "Oh no, she's a pain in the butt. But that's one of the many things I like about her.."

My heart ached at that, because I didn't know if that was the truth or just for show. I'm sorry Hoseok.

I really am.

"That's sweet. Now come on, dinner will be cold!"

Our smelling senses were attacked by my moms sweet cooking aroma, one that I haven't smelt in a while. It felt like we never left our home in Incheon.

Everything was presented on the dining table; Kimchi, Kimbap, fish cakes and etc. My mouth watered.

But my stomach suddenly turned when Jungkook and Yoonji came to sight. Of all people, Jungkook is using Yoongi's sister as a fake girlfriend. I wasn't angry, just amused.

"Wow...we got a whole party going on here, huh?"I glided my tongue along my gum, in frustration.

we got a whole party going on  here, huh?"I glided my tongue along my gum, in frustration