•Fiftyeight•

"What?"

"What?"

"I'm sorry Hoseok."I pulled him into an embrace, it took him a moment to wrap his arms around me, he was still processing the news. Sangyoo's child wasn't his. His living room seemed to have gotten darker.

"I know it's a lot to take in."I didn't know what to say and how to console him, after all, he had already bonded with the child that he believed was his very own. I could feel his chest heave against mine, I could hear faint sniffles.

He didn't know how to react, it was too much of a shock.

"How can one be so cruel?"he sobbed and I planted a soothing kiss to his cheek. "I know I know, Hobi."I continued to rub his back gently, he tightened his grip around me and sobbed harder, harder and harder.

Why was Hoseok's life so tough?

I know I'm partly the reason, but I wish everything was different for him. I wish there was nothing negative in his life, everything positive, even if it meant I wouldn't be in it.

"Please don't leave me alone tonight."he cried harder and I cupped his face. "I'm not going anywhere."I stated honestly, he leaned in and rested his head on my shoulder, his damp face against the crook of my neck as he tried to calm down. Less tears fall from his red and puffy eyes. "You're all I have."He confesses, his voice croaking and raspy as he spoke. "You have the boys."I reassure him and he shakes his head. "It's different, Lucy."

"I know you don't feel the same way but I still have feelings for you, they never left. Every time I see you, my heart skips a beat and sometimes I feel like I can't breath because of how abnormally fast it beats. I love you. I'm just happy as long as you're happy, Lucy."he parted from my neck and gazed at me, I wiped his tears away with my thumb without hesitation. He kept a lot of things locked up that because of the news, he let it all out, he couldn't hold it all in anymore.

"Hoseok, you're never alone. And I love you so fucking much that it's unbelievable."I teared up as his eyes softened, he sniffles again. I suddenly feel my hands being held by his as he removes them from his tear stained cheeks, I gulp as his eyes fall heavy, he leans in and plants a soft and gentle kiss to my lips before parting and pulling me in for another hug.

"I just wanted to kiss you one more time before I let you go completely, I know I can never have you but I want to remain as your best friend."he admits as he plants two more kisses to my lips, which were not responding, I didn't know how to react so I pulled him in for another hug.

"Don't bottle up anything anymore, Hoseok." I sniffle and trail imaginary circles around his back. "I love you."he confesses in a whisper again and I let him bury his face at the crook of my neck. I couldn't reject him at this moment, he was a mess already and I wanted to comfort him.

"Let's go to bed." I part from him and he looks at me through his lashes and nods, we both stand and I place his hand in mine and lead him to his bedroom. We lay on his bed and I allow him to cuddle into me, his tired head rests on my chest with his arm draped around me, like he was a child.