6- "Fucking idiot."

Alex

"How could you let this happen?" Harry's voice is loud and he's screaming at someone.

My eyes don't seem to function and my surroundings stay black or maybe my eyelids are still closed. I'm sure that my organs are fighting to get out of me, and I place my hands on my stomach as if that way I can keep them inside. Then Harry's voice reaches me again.

"She stopped drinking! She never told you? And here I was thinking you knew everything about her. For fuck's sake, Liam. She needs help, not this."

There's a silent before I hear Harry again. For some reason I don't hear the voice of Liam who he's clearly arguing with.

"Oh so she did tell you and you just choose to ignore it? What a fucking asshole you are."

"I ran out of battery."

"Don't you think I'd used a charger if there was one? Fucking idiot."

"Yes you are an idiot. You let her sleep so you could fuck your girlfriend, but she's fucking suffering from alcohol poisoning. She drank that whole bottle?"

"You don't know?"

"Oh for fuck's sake, Liam. She never ate at home. She drank on an empty stomach after not drinking for a month. She could have been in a coma!"

Harry keeps on screaming and the one sided conversation does make some sense. Then I hear a voice much closer to me and I jump a bit.

"Guys, she's waking up," a girl voice says and it must be Nina. I don't know her voice well enough to be sure.

Something wet is placed on my forehead and I'm finally able to open my eyes. Right in front of me is Harry staring at me with an unreadable expression. Next to him is Liam who looks like he cried and I'm surprised he's just as close since I didn't hear him speak. And I was right, Nina is close by, nurturing me.

"Well, at least it is not a coma," Liam whispers and this time I do hear him. Harry turns his attention back to him and if looks could kill, Liam would be dead right now. "Sorry," he mumbles but Harry only shakes his head and then crouches down in front of me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," I answer a bit stunned. "How long have I been out?"

"I don't know. Too long. Come, we're going," he says and I want to reach for his hand and get up, but realize I shouldn't move.

"I think it's best if I stay," I tell him and he looks hurt.

"Babe, I ran out of battery and had to finish this piece. I got home at nine thirty and I didn't want to bother you. But then Liam here called me just now that he couldn't wake you up. I'm sorry," he adds a bit softer. "It looked delicious."

"I want to go home, Harry. I'm just afraid I'll puke all over their carpet."

Something seems to dawn on him and he turns to Liam. "Can she stay?"

"We don't really have room," he says and again, Harry is plotting to murder him inside his head.

"She can sleep on the couch," Nina tells him. "We don't have much room, but the carpet is comfy. You can stay too."

"Well, your girlfriend is more helpful than you are," Harry says and I know he's fuming with Liam which is totally unfair.

"You are the one who lets her down, not me," Liam concludes and he leaves the room. Nina looks split between nurturing me and her other guest or going after Liam, but she stays and provides for blankets and pillows.