24 - "Is this pocket change to her?"

Alex

"When will you stop by?" Liam asks on the phone and I roll my eyes.

"When will you stop by?" I counter back.

"Don't be childish. I'm serious."

"So am I. Your meddling made Harry worry more than he needed to."

"So it is my fault when you guys fight?" He asks.

"You know what I mean, Liam. You both have to stop this talking behind my back. It's not helping either of us. Also, I will stop by tomorrow and you can tell me about the work you found for me. Although I don't know if I'm going to take it."

"Why not?"

"Because I already work four days a week. So it needs to be for few hours. I do need a life unlike you and Harry. "

"I'll show you tomorrow. Although you can stop by today too? I'm off."

"Sage is coming over for lunch already."

"Okay, so tomorrow then? I got an evening shift so you'll have to come early."

"Okay, fine."

I hang up quickly since it is already getting late and Sage will be here any second and I'm still in bed. The house is clean, but I'm not. So I wash myself and even manage to put on some mascara. It makes me go from looking ill to looking 25.

Soon after I'm done the doorbell rings and I hurry to the hallway. It's scattered with post that I pick up quickly, laying it on the side table.

"Hello," I say opening the door.

"Hey!" She steps inside and kisses me on my cheek.

She looks rather fashionable but she always was the better dresser of the two of us. She hangs up her coat and I can't help but squeal when I spot a tiny baby bump under the tight fabric of her dress.

"Oh my God," I yell. "You really are showing!"

"Yes, funny right? It just was there one day and it's not going away. Although it varies in size."

"It's beautiful," I tell her and it's like the moment I saw her in her wedding dress. Before I thought it would be something unmemorable, but it turns out to be quite lovely. I don't cry, but my eyes get wet and I give her the most sincere smile I have given anyone for the past weeks.

"Oh gosh, I forgot how emotional you are these days. Let's get in," she says walking towards the living room. "What will we eat? I'm starving."

"I was just thinking about ordering something. We haven't done proper groceries for a while."

"No problem. I'm up for some Thai, you?"

"Fine with me."

We sit down at the dinner table in the kitchen and both use our phone to search for the ultimate meal. When we both agree and are happy with our order, I call it in.

"So, how have you been?" I ask her and I hand her a cup of tea.

"Great. Me and Nick only seem to become closer and I'm loving that I'm showing now. I also have regained my energy which is nice."

"And your mother and father, how are they?"

"Good. They don't want to be called grandma or grandpa just yet, but I'll think that will change once he's here."

"He?" I ask and her eyes almost fall out of her skull.

"Haven't I told you?" She yells. "Oh my God. I'm so sorry, my head's all over the place. I blame the baby, but yes. We're getting a boy!"