47 - "I missed you, too."

Harry

Alex: the question is if she'll survive your snoring

Shit, I realize that I hadn't even thought about that. I had been quick to offer my room because it would be dickish of me to let her sleep on the couch. She better not moan about it.

Harry: Thanks for reminding me, but you dealt with it so should my own sister, right?

After what feels like five minutes of staring to my screen, seeing her profile go on and offline, I give up and put my phone down. Not much later my sister enters the bedroom that we have to share, looking at me. She doesn't look angry anymore and I know her well enough to remember that she never stayed mad long.

"I'm sorry for screaming," I tell her and she gives me a small smile before sitting down on the edge of my bed so that she can search her suitcase.

"Not for what you said?" She wonders, her back to me.

"I think he's a dick, but if you're sure that he can be trusted, then I'll behave."

"We had our troubles when we got together. I won't lie that he cheated on me on multiple occasions, but I believe he stopped after I threatened to leave him. I didn't leave everything behind to be with someone who wasn't fully committed. So he turned around, and after another year he asked me to marry him. Then some girl came forward claiming she had evidence that he cheated and of course wanted money. We never gave it because we knew that was something of the past and she sold it to the press. In the end it only brought us closer together. If anything, Harry, you should admire him instead of hate him. He changed for me, and I forgave him for his mistakes. I know you want that to happen for you and Alex, too."

Unsure what to say, I keep quiet. She's right about the last part. It was what I wanted to happen tonight. Or at least make a start at it and apologize to Alex.

"If you want to get back together with her, I suspect you fight for her or you're going to end up here. Hilarious if you ask me," Liz says and she must have finally decided on what to wear to bed because she stands up and starts to undress herself.

"That's never going to happen. In the end I'd want Alex back. She's the one."

"The question is if she wants that," Liz says, rightfully so. "Are you even in touch with her? I can imagine that she's a bit done with you after what you did."

"She is, I guess the only reason she still speaks to me is because of mum."

"Maybe that shitty situation can help in your benefit then."

"Who knows, either way, I'm sorry for what I said about Ben."

"I'm sorry for falling out to you, too, although I was glad we were having a conversation. Even if it was a fight. I have missed you, Harry. You don't even know how much."

"I missed you, too," I admit to her.

"I have wanted to speak to you so many times, and then if I saw you, I couldn't. Afraid of your reaction. Your judgement has always meant a lot to me, and I knew that you hated Ben. I have always cared about what other people think of me and want to please everyone and it has gotten me into many complicated situations and I'm sorry for the ones where I didn't choose you. It's why I kept you out of my life a bit, and didn't invite you to our engagement party. That was wrong of me, but you also hurt me a lot when you said you no longer considered me your sister. Because I have always loved you like my brother."

"I'm sorry for saying that. I was just so done with it all, and I hated that I was always the one to reach out to you. It was as if you no longer needed me," I admit to her and she gives me an apologetic smile.