71 - "Are you pregnant?"

Harry

It doesn't take me long to convince Alex that she might be pregnant already after our visit to the fortune teller. Suddenly seeing and feeling all the symptoms. Her breast have grown and are sore, her hair has been falling out, and lastly she came to the very scary conclusion that she doesn't remember the last time she was on her period. And I don't remember her moaning about it either. So within minutes we hail a taxi and drive off to the centre of Palas to find a pharmacy that is still open. Thankful for the opening hours of the shops in Palas we find one rather quickly and exit the cab as quickly as we can.

"Is there a toilet nearby?" Alex asks as she scans the street. 

"At McDonalds," I reply as I open the door to the 24-hour pharmacy. I can hear her mumble something but don't bother to ask her to speak louder. She's on the verge of a breakdown and I'd only tempt her to take it out on me. 

"Hello," the lady behind the desk greets us with a cheery voice. "How can I help?"

"A pregnancy test, please," I say. 

"Make it three," Alex adds and I look over to her as she shrugs her shoulders. 

"I want to be sure before I take another cocktail."

"Okay," I speak, fighting the urge to give her a reply or laugh. 

The woman behind the register deals with us in the most professional way and I wonder how many stood here before us. 

After paying a rather large amount of money, me, Alex and three tests leave the pharmacy and make our way to McDonalds. We've been there before and it is one of the few places where you can still pee for free. We don't bother that I'm a male in a female toilet and ignore the looks on everyone's face as Alex enters a toilet with me. She'd never agree to it if was for any other purpose, but we can't possible wait outside with a test in our hands. The instructions are pretty simple and after Alex has peed on it, there's nothing more that we can do but wait. 

"I might puke if I am pregnant," Alex says and I can't help but laugh. "I'm not ready."

"You never will be. Just think of it this way. If you are pregnant then she's already right because last time you were sick from the second I impregnated you."

"But fucking twins, Harry? How?"

"So you believe?"

"I'm scared, I'm not saying I believe her."

"To me it sounds as if you believe her. If the test is positive than we should go straight to the hospital. I want to know for sure."

"They won't do make an ultrasound so early on, and I don't have any pain or something."

 "Then you'll fake it. I don't give a shit, I want to be sure."

"Chances are I'm not even pregnant," she says.

"Then why are you afraid to look down?"

Alex looks me deep in the eyes, searching for some reassurance. All that I can give her is my joy and it seems to ease some of the panic in her. 

"On the count of three, okay?" She mutters, holding out the stick in front of her and I have to fight the urge to not already take a peak, but Alex's eyes are intensely burning in mine so I can't and count with her.

"One, two, three," I say and we both look down to see two very clear lines. 

"Fucking hell," Alex mumbles and then she's out.

****

"Never knew you were so good at faking to faint," I joke to Alex as she slowly recovers and wakes up. "But it gives us all the more reason to go to the hospital right now."