61 - "The feeling of starting a family."

Harry

"This is the one," Alex says pointing to the simplest design of all. 

"I like that one as well, but it isn't really pushing my artistic limits."

"It is your own design, Harry. And it is my birthday so I get to choose this time."

"Okay, okay," I say, holding up my hands as a defence. "The dots it will be."

"And I want it on a place you could easily put on something else, so don't even try putting on some other design."

"Where do you want it then?" I wonder, seeing how she turns around and looks over her shoulder.

"Here," she answers. She points to her neck, and I think it is the perfect spot. "That gives us plenty of room to add more dots."

"So you figured the meaning of it?"

"Of course. I'm no fool. Third time's a charm, right?"

"It seems that it is," I tell her.

She looks me right in the eyes and it sends chills down my spine. With everything she says and does she's showing me that she is giving me another chance. A real one, not like the half-one she granted me this past month.  

"The tattoo is the present?" She asks and I can't suppress a smile. It is clear that she's a tad bit disappointed by it all. 

"Remember what you gave me for my birthday this year?"

"Of course. I know that paying for the party wasn't much, but you didn't want anything else."

"And when I asked you what you wanted you played dumb. So this is it. A tattoo for your birthday is a pricey gift. You should be more grateful."

"Oh, I am grateful," she says. "Very grateful."

"Good, or you are getting something very different on your spine."

"What then?" Alex asks, giving me a playful laugh. 

"I love Harry."

"Oh, but that wouldn't even be a lie," she counters back. Alex steps closer, her eyes undressing me and I'm doing the same. Since our little hick-up on her living room floor, we haven't been closer than a hug or a peck on the lips. Her words warm my heart, but her looks warm my body. Right now I wish the windows weren't so big so that I could undress her for real and take her on the table. "You said that you'd congratulate me in private."

"I did," I tell her, closing the last bit of space between us and resting my hand around her waist. 

"Do it better," she whispers against my lips and she doesn't need to tell me twice.

Our mouths touch and seconds later we have deepened the kiss. Her arms wrap around my neck and I easily lift her off the ground to let her settle on the table. She wants to reach for my shirt and take it off, but we're stopped by a knock on the door. 

"Happy birthday," I repeat for the second time today. 

She smiles and pulls away to look over my shoulder. "Did you order food?"

"Oh shit, yes I did," I say, pushing myself away from her to find something to pay the delivery guy with. I totally forgot that I ordered sushi since it is her favourite food. Luckily I find it soon enough and open the door to the guy holding our food. 

"Ordered sushi?" The guy asks and I nod, pushing some money in his hands. 

"Keep the chance," I tell him, grabbing the two boxes from his hands. I want him gone as soon as possible, but he has other plans.