68 - "This baby does has his own will."

Harry

Having known Liam since we both were seventeen it somehow still surprises me that he has found someone who is willing to stay with him for the rest of their life, but I can't deny that he has come a long way. 

Back when we met and we both were angsty teens, he was one of the few to see through my act and was great at ignoring my mood swings. Maybe that is why I tested him for years and years, constantly pushing the limits of our friendship. I met them loud and clear after his soon to be wife birthday party which was catastrophic not only for Alex's and I relationship and her health, but also for my friendship with Liam. For him it was the final straw to no longer deal with my behaviour and I have been making amends since. 

A few years have passed since and I'm glad that we're back to being the friends we were when we met. It's hilarious to reminisce about how we would scan the clubs of Palas both liking different types of girls. I liked the one-day tourists while Liam was looking for love to replace the care he always felt for Rosie. He found it at last with Nina. Someone who he matches with so perfectly that I saw it happening from a mile away. And now they're getting married. And I find myself to be his best man, adjusting his tie.

"Don't you think the tie is too much?" Liam asks and I look him dead in the eye.

"You're saying that now that I finally have it on?"

"No, yes, but I mean, is it?"

"No, it is a wedding. Your own. So nothing is too much."

"Would you mind grabbing Alex for me?" He has the nerve to ask and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, I would. She's with Nina, I am with you. Your mum will be here in a sec, just ask her," I say, done with his nerves. I can't remember being so nervous about my looks before my wedding. More if she'd show up or not.

"You didn't wear a tie, did you?" Liam wonders, still trying to continue our conversation that I was desperately trying to end.

"I'll go fetch Alex," I sigh, turning on my heels to cross the hall to the room where Nina is getting ready. 

"Ladies," I say, knocking on the door but only opening so far that I can't see a thing. "I need Alex."

A loud groan from somewhere in the room lets me know that she is indeed here, and very excited to help me. 

"What?" She asks, popping her head through the door. 

"I'm not here for myself," I say, scanning her beautiful lips that I'd love to kiss right now.

"Good, because we're not going to fuck in the church Harry. Forget about it."

I can't hide my laugh so I show her in full, my grin not leaving when I explain the real reason why I am collecting her. "Liam needs help with his tie."

"Can't you do it?" She asks and I purse my lips, practising my patience's with Alex. 

"I put it on, but now he's doubting if he wants it off or not."

"God," she whines, pushing herself past me to Liam's room. "Keep the tie," she says, without ever entering the room and then she rushes back to Nina's room, raising her eyebrows when she sees me. Telling me in one look that I'm pathetic for not being able to keep Liam in track.

"Well," Liam mumbles when I return and close the door behind me. "Is that how she treats people?"

"Only men."

"Let's hope it isn't a boy then." Liam looks at me, his expression changes. "What? Is it going to be a boy?"

"It is. We only just found though. And I don't think she wants to share it. It took me a couple of months to even get her so far to find out ourselves."