Chapter 45 - Direct Descendant

(POV Sage)

After our wedding, sa bahay na ni Silawin nag stay si Lena, samantalang si Matthias ay nanatili sa Austria. 

With Rei's recent encounter with Lilith, sinubukan niyang mag cast ng spells para magkaroon ng physical at spiritual barrier kay Lilith gamit ang apat na medallions. It was a success as Rei is no longer having nightmares. Lilith is no longer bothering her.

Silawin and Lena visited our new house. Nagpaalam ako na may aayusin sa office, but I was on my way to meet Rave.

"Kamusta na si Reichel?" tanong ni Rave nang bisitahin ko siya.

Phoebe is also there with him. If Rave trusts her, there's no reason I should not trust her as well.

"She's fine. Mukhang nag work naman ang ginawa niyang spells."

"Are you here because you want to know why Lilith is after Reichel?"

"Raviael, I have not been completely honest with my vision. I am sure you already know that I saw my death in Lilith's hands, but there's something more that you need to know."

"I am listening, Sage."

"My cousin Joaquin also knows about this. He saw the same vision pero I want this to stay among us at ayoko munang sabihin sa asawa ko."

"Go ahead..."

"In my vision, Lilith is holding my lifeless body in her lap, just like the Renaissance Pieta sculpture by Michelangelo Buonarroti."

"But you don't know who killed you, is that right?"

"No, I don't know who killed me, pero hindi dun nagtatapos ang vision ko. After that vision, it is followed by scene where I am already alive, like I was reanimated back to life. But I am totally a different person. My eyes are all black like a demon and I am with Lilith. I saw her kissing me and she called me her demon king."

"Is that the reason why you married Reichel in a hurry?"

"I married her because I love her, but you are right. I was in a hurry because of that vision. I need to know why she chose me as her demon king."

Walang kahit anong reaction sa mukha ni Rave and even Phoebe does not look surprise.

Are they aware that Lilith will find a mate? A partner to be his king?

"Somehow, I feel like everything that happened is my fault. It would be better if Phoebe will explain this to you," sabi ni Rave while asking Phoebe to speak in his behalf.

She looks pretty with her angelic face just like Lilith. Tama si Rei, I can see in her eyes that she loves Raviael, an unrequited and pure love.

"Sage, my sister Lilith loved Raviael, but this man beside me is..."

"Insensitive?" natatawang kong tanong kay Phoebe which made her laugh. 

This is the first time that I saw her laughing and smiling. Akala ko di marunong ngumiti ang babaeng to.

"Quite insensitive siguro. He does not know that Lilith loves him. Well maybe he knows, but he just treated my sister as his colleague, as his friend. Noong una, Lilith accepted it. As long as she can love Raviael afar, she's satisfied. But then..."

"You fell in love with a human being. Is that right?" tanong ko kay Rave and he just smiled as a confirmation.

"He fell in love with a young blind girl named Diwa. They became friends and Raviael became so fond of her to the point that he always stays with her. Lilith became jealous, too jealous that she sparked the rebellion. I know that she's not in her right mind, but I still decided to join her rebellion as she's my sister. When we were casted down to earth, we became demons."

"Wheew. Who would thought na ikaw Raviael ang dahilan ng rebellion? I can't believe na naging demons ang mga guardians because of this petty jealousy," sabi ko kay Rave.

"I told you, it is somehow my fault."

"Rave, you mentioned that Rei looks like Diwa. Is that the reason kung bakit mo siya pina-imbestigahan noon?"

"Yes, your wife reminds me so much of Diwa. Nakaka sigurado ako na descendant niya si Reichel. I gave the white medallion to Diwa for her to use it as her eyesight and also to protect her."

"But that does not explain kung bakit ako ang gustong maging Demon king ni Lilith."

"My sister casted a powerful curse sa mga descendants ni Diwa because of her jealousy," malungkot na sabi ni Phoebe.

"What curse Phoebe? This curse is affecting Rei, is that what you are saying?"

"Lilith feels like Diwa took Raviael away from her, so she cursed Diwa's descendant. Kapag dumating ang araw na mabubuhay siyang muli, kung sino man ang direct descendant ni Diwa, papahirapan niya ito at aagawin ang lalakeng pinakamamahal niya. At dahil palaging isa lang ang anak ng Punong Babaylan, si Reichel lang ang direct descendant ni Diwa."

"Fuck that curse! So, Lilith wants me to be her demon king because of that? She wants to use me for a fucking useless revenge?" galit kong tanong. Lahat na ata ng galit ko sa mga oras na yun ay naka focus kay Lilith.

"That is the only explanation that we have," mahinang sabi ni Phoebe.

"No offense Phoebe, but is there any way on earth we can kill that bitch?"

"We don't know yet Sage, but I was hoping you, Reichel, your cousin Quinn and Silawin might be able to defeat her using the medallions."

"Raviael, if I fall in her hands, please do the honor and kill me before I become a demon king."

"Sage, Lilith may be able to resurrect you as a demon. It is useless to kill you."

"Fuck! This is all messed up and Rei will be hurt the most."