Chapter 61 - Demon King

(POV Sage)

For days, I have been trying to access the power of the red medallion, but I was unsuccessful. The black glowing prison made me weaker. I tried to preserve my energy and began to focus all of my life force to the red phoenix para mag relay ng message kay Rei kung nasaan ako. With the help of Toothless, they were able to bring Rei to me in spirit form.

Pero huli na ang lahat. Later that night, the remaining three demon generals appeared with the glasslike coffin of Lilith. They started a ritual using their Angelus to revive Lilith. Sabagay, sabi ni Rave, once Lilith is fully charged, she can wake up on her own even without the help of her generals.

Pagkagising niya, ako agad ang una niyang nilapitan. She just waved her hand and the black steel prison quickly melted and disappeared na parang sparkling black dust.

"What is your name, my love?" tanong niya sa akin habang ako ay nakaupo pa din sa floor.

Hindi ko siya tinatapunan ng tingin. Sa mga oras na ito, I should be afraid as the demon queen is in front of me, pero mas naaalala ko pa kung anong posibleng gawin sa akin ni Rei kapag binigyan ko ng isang sulyap ang babaeng hubad sa harap ko.

Malamang kukurutin niya ko ng pino or hahampasin ang braso ko na parang bata. The thought of her made me smile.

"Bold disobedience, I like it," sabi ni Lilith sabay hawak sa chin ko.

She kneeled in front of me and without warning, she kissed my lips. Kung andito si Rei, malamang sinabunutan na niya ang babaeng ito or hiniwa na niya ang leeg ni Lilith.

Violent ang asawa ko. Again, her stubbornness created a curve on my lips.

"Sage Elizalde? And you are married to Diwa's descendant. How ironic, don't you think? You married the girl that you will soon destroy," sabi ni Lilith na parang naka absorb ng memories sa akin after niya ko halikan.

"I love her and I will not lay a finger on her. I will never be your demon king."

"Do not resist, my love. One way or another, you will be my demon king. We can rule this world, just you and me together with our servants."

"Lilith, you are a mentally deranged creature. Raviael does not love you. I don't love you. No one loves you, stop acting so desperate..."

Pero isang masakit na sampal ang nakuha ko kay Lilith. It seems that my words trigger a nerve pero parang isang baliw na babae ang nasa harap ko at bigla niya ako niyakap. She even kiss my cheeks where her palm landed as if she is saying sorry to me.

What the hell? May topak talaga ang babaeng to!

"Sage, you will soon love me. You will be mine, only mine. Alastair, Azaroth, Azalar, Abraxas, my dear generals, let us leave now and let us start to build our kingdom."

"My queen, they are on their way here. Raviael and the medallion guardians, they are on their way to save him," sagot ni Abraxas.

He must have heard my conversation with Rei or he just knows things. I really hate this Ice Cream starved demon right now.

"Is that so? Then, let us give them a surprise," sabi ni Lilith sabay talikod sa akin.

I took this as a chance and drew my white blade na nakatago sa aking boots. With swiftness, I hurriedly stab Lilith at her back and I am certain it will hit her dark demonic heart. Kahit ang mga demon generals ni Lilith ay nabigla sa ginawa ko. Lilith turned around with glowing black eyes at mabilis ako na sinakal.

"Just kill me, Lilith. Because I will never be your demon king."

"You are so stubborn, my love," mahinang sabi Lilith sabay bukas ng bibig.

A black smoke suddenly appeared from her mouth at unti unting pumapasok sa bibig ko. With all my might, I pushed her away.

Nang makalayo ako ng bahagya sa kanya, mabilis akong tumalon paatras but Alastair created a two black sharp spear from his hand and used it to pinned me on the wall. Tumama ang spears sa magkabilang braso ko na para akong nasa cruxifiction.

Di pa siya nakontento and he shot me with few more black rods penetrating my shoulders and thighs. I cried in total agony and I can see the splattering red blood from my wounds.

Pero di ako nagpatalo, I summoned Chicken. The spirit-like red phoenix quickly dispersed the black steel. Chicken hurled several fire bolts to Alastair, but Chicken is unable to heal me, unlike Toothless. The red medallion is not designed for healing, it is mainly for offensive attack.

"My love, hindi mo kailangan na masaktan. All you need to do is accept me. And Alastair, please be gentle with him. He is your demon king."

Ngumiti lang si Alastair but instead na steel rods, he created a glowing black rope na biglang pumulupot sa leeg ko, choking the life out of me. When I tried to remove the rope, it quickly burned my palm.

"My love, do you now accept me as your demon queen?"

I smiled at her and I spit on her pretty face which made her infuriated, pero she is trying her best not to hurt me more.

Mabilis man mag heal ang sugat ko dahil ako ay isang Alagad ni Bathala pero the healing process is not fast enough dahil marami ng nawalang dugo sa akin. The black rods and ropes are somehow imbued with weakening poison. I have holes in my arms, shoulder and thighs. I can't barely even walk. Soon, my body will give in.

"Lilith... I rather die than to become your demon king," sabi ko kanya pero si Alastair ay mabilis na nilabas ang Angelus niya at sinaksak ako sa dibdib.

Mabilis akong sinalo ni Lilith sa kanyang mga braso. This is exactly the vision that I saw.

Sa mga oras na yun, my wife's memory is the only thing that is giving me strength. I want to see her smile for the last time. I want to hear her laugh one more time, but it seems that I may never see her again. Somehow, masaya ako dahil sa last minute ng buhay, alam ko na tao ko.

But when Alastair​ pulled his dark Angelus out of my body, I saw Lilith's devious​ smile as if she succeeded. Then I remembered what Rave said before...

"Sage, Lilith may be able to resurrect you as a demon. It is useless to kill you..."

That's when I realized that I lost this battle. I hope my wife can forgive me for whatever I will become...