Chapter 77 - The Compulsion

(POV Sage)

Pagpasok sa loob ng bahay ni Reichel, she looks tired and weak. It only means that Alastair and dark witches were able to shatter the first and second barrier. Sinara niya ang pinto but I can feel my minions are just outside the door.

"I have a proposal Reichel Amber. Why don't you remove the last barrier spell and let me go. I promise, I will keep you alive," sabi ko habang relaxed na nakaupo sa sofa.

"Di naman ako tanga, Sage. I know that you will kill me once I lower down the barrier."

"Consider it a deal with the devil. I will keep my word."

"Sage, your goat like demons are all obliterated. I even destroyed your warlocks. Si Alastair na lang ang nasa labas at ang kanyang dark witches. What made you think na hindi ko sila kayang talunin?"

"You are weak and your powers are almost depleting. I don't think you can face Alastair right now. How much more kung dadating si Abraxas? Think about it."

Umupo siya sa tapat ko at pumikit. She may be calculating the probability of her success in this deathmatch. Considering all factors, her chances to win this is zero.

Tinanggal niya ang necklace with white diamond pendant sa kanyang leeg and within seconds mabilis itong naglaho.

Is she giving up already? Is she ready to die?

"You look hopeless Reichel Amber," natatawa kong sabi sa kanya pero di ko inaasahan na iiyak siya sa harapan ko.

Why is she crying? And why do I feel the need to hug her right now?

"I failed you, Sage. I am sorry..." sabi niya habang patuloy na umiiyak at it really bothers me.

"Anong bang sinasabi mo! Bakit ka umiiyak! Tumigal ka nga!" sigaw ko sa kanya.

In a blink of an eye, nakalapit siya sa akin at nilabas niya ang Angelus. Tinutok ito sa dibdib ko as if she is decided to end my life. She is still crying and I can even feel her desperation. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako nasasaktan sa oras na ito.

Dahil ba umiiyak siya or dahil dahan dahan niyang binabaon ang dulo ng matalas na Angelus sa dibdib ko?

I looked at her and all I can see is misery and heartbreak. She took a deep breathe and sigurado ako, papatayin na niya ko. I didn't bother to stop her. If she wants to kill me, then be it.

And yet, she stopped and the blade of the Angelus vanished. Napaluhod siya sa harapan ko habang umiiyak.

No, humahagulgol siya as if isa sa amin ay mawawala sa mundong ibabaw.

I did not know what happened, pero para akong isang robot na automatic na lumuhod din sa tapat niya at hinawakan ang kanyang pisngi. Without thinking twice, I kissed her. A kiss that is not only mean to calm her, but a kiss as if saying I love her. Seconds became minutes and our kiss feels like forever.

"I love you babe and I will do my best to protect you even if I'm already the demon king," I said tenderly to her as if I mean every word.

"Sage? Bumalik na ba ang alaala mo? Nagmemelt na ba ang demonic heart mo?"

"What?" naguguluhan kong tanong as I stand up.

What happened? Why did I say those things to her as if was compelled to say it when she cry?

Did my human self compelled me to say those things?

Before I can think of another thing, bumukas ang pinto at pumasok si Alastair kasama ang dalawang dark witch. They broke the barrier already.

Now, I'm free. I should be happy and celebrating, but now my mind is just blank.

Umikot ang paningin ko as if nasa isa akong vision. Ang boses ni Alastair ang nag pabalik sa akin sa realidad.

"Hello there Reichel..." bati ni Alastair sabay tutok ng Angelus sa leeg ni Reichel.

"Stop, Alastair. She don't have the medallion anymore. Spare her."

"Spare her? I would love to taste her and skin her alive," sabi ni Alastair​ na diniin lalo ang Angelus sa leeg ni Reich

"I said stop! She did something to me and... I need her to reverse the spell. Take her. She will be my prisoner this time."

Alastair hit her head with the Angelus hilt and the pain rendered her unconscious. Mabilis na bumagsak ang walang malay na katawan ni Reichel sa sahig.

"I will carry her. Where would you like to take her? To your headquarters in New York or..."

"Take her to my castle in Scotland. Ask the dark witches to raise a barrier spell similar to this. No one gets in and no one gets out except me."