Chapter 62 - The Taunt

(POV Raviael)

Reichel clearly suffered when Sage became a demon king, but she didn't give up. Sabi ni Silawin, her eyes are always swollen​ from crying but she managed to smile​ in front of everyone.

For weeks, she was busy, desperately busy. She studied demonology and she tried to unearth any possible way to defeat Lilith. Rusty Elizalde and Helda Heilig are both helping her.

I visited her the moment I found out something important happened in the demon world. I don't know if she will be delighted or angry. I can't read her anymore. It seemed like Sage's transformation made her bitter and serious.

"Rave, kung gusto mo ko bumalik sa office mo, ngayon pa lang sinasabi ko na sayo, hindi ko babalik," natatawang sabi niya sa akin nang pinatuloy niya ako sa penthouse nila ni Sage.

"I'm here para kamustahin ka. Buwan ang lumipas ng huli tayo pumunta sa France."

"I will be a hypocrite if I will say that I'm fine. I'm not fine, Rave. I'm far from being fine but nakakaraos din," naka-smile niyang sabi sabay baba ng lemon juice pitcher sa table.

"I'm sure you're doing your best to find Sage and Lilith, and to find ways on how to defeat them."

"And thanks to your men that are scattered all around​ the world, they helped me with my research."

"Anything you might want to share?" tanong ko sa kanya habang tinititigan siya.

With Sage and Lilith together, they are practically invincible. I am the only one capable of defeating the demon queen, but I am merely human now. Reichel has a greater chance of beating the demon couple.

"I think I can still help Sage. Using the medallions and the Angelus, maari kong gawing tao muli si Sage. But it will take weeks or even years."

"Anything you need? May maitutulong ba ko?"

"Rave, malaki na ang naitulong mo sa akin. I know that you imparted a big chunk of your guardian power to me. But I still don't know how to kill a guardian who turned demon. She's too powerful. The Angelus and the Medallions may work on Sage but may not work on her."

"Reichel, there is another reason why I'm here. I want you to come with me. I want to show you something."

Reichel did not ask me further at sumunod lang siya sa akin. We drove to an empty industrial building na malapit sa express way. Four of my men already anticipated our arrival. The place is heavily guarded.

Pagdating namin sa loob ng building, may dalawang lalake at isang babae na nakaupo sa upuan at nakatali ang paa at kamay. Nasa loob sila ng isang black circle na may anti-demon spells and symbols. Reichel is familiar with these drawings for trapping demons.

"When did you caught them?" tanong ni Reichel without any emotions.

"Earlier today. They are fairly new demons so my men and Phoebe were able to catch them easily."

For months, Reichel has been studying demons. She is aware that some humans may become demons if they sold their souls to other demons.

"Do you want me to kill them Rave? You can just kill them instantly. Why bother bringing them here?"

"These three are demons sold their souls so they are beyond saving. Pero dinala kita dito para personal mo na marinig ang sasabihin nila."

I slowly approached one demon at saka tinanong, "Where's your queen?"

Nang hindi sumagot ang isang demon, Reichel touched the demon's arm and a glowing white light appeared on her hand which made the demon shout in pain.