Chapter 56 - Gideon

(POV Sage)

Kahit wala na ang sugat ni Rave, nanghihina pa din siya. Si Quinn at Silawin ay minabuti na makipag coordinate sa mga tauhan ni Rave kung saan possible matatagpuan si Abraxas.

"Kamusta ang pakiramdam​ mo?" tanong ni Rei kay Rave na nakahiga pa din sa kama.

"Salamat Reichel. I still feel weak pero I am slowly regaining my strength."

"I can try to heal you again later para bumilis ang pag galing mo."

"Isang ngiti mo lang, gaganda na ang pakiramdam ko," birong sabi ni Rave.

Ngumiti lang si Rei and I have to fake a cough para marealize ni Rave na andoon ako. I know he likes Rei, pero he needs to be aware that I am already her husband.

"Rave, any idea kung nasaan si Abraxas?" tanong ko sa kanya.

"No idea. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit siya nakahiwalay sa tatlo. If Alastair, Azaroth and Azalar used three pyramids in the Giza pyramid complex, it is highly possible that Abraxas used the Red Pyramid in Dahshur. Talk to my men and ask them to check any activities near the Red Pyramids."

"If you are right, where do you think his Angelus is hidden?"

"Sa totoo lang, hindi ko din alam. A hunch just brought me to the catacombs because I visited this place before..."

Hindi natapos ni Rave ang sasabihin niya nang biglang pumasok si Phoebe sa kwarto kasama si Mensah, ang leader ng military personnel ni Rave sa Egypt.

"Raviael, we received a report that Alastair is in on his way to the White Desert, in Western Egypt," sabi ni Phoebe.

"And is he alone?"

"Yes, there are no signs of Azaroth or Alazar."

"Phoebe, prepare the plane, we will go to back Cairo. Mensah, arrange several 4WD from Cairo to Farafra. We will leave as soon as possible."

"Are you sure kaya na ng katawan mo?" tanong ni Rei kay Rave pagkaalis ni Phoebe. Medyo nahihirapan pa siya umupo ng maayos at kailangan ko pa siya alalayan.

"I think I am good, thank you. By the way, Reichel, I need a favor from you?"

"Sure Rave. Ano yun?"

"I am certain you have a good instinct and almost accurate hunches. Can you ask Phoebe to show you some real time footages of the Red Pyramid? Please let her know if you feel something about that place. We might be able to locate Abraxas before he wakes up."

"Walang problema. Sage, let's go."

"Uhmmm Reichel, I need to talk to Sage for the mean time. Is that alright?"

"Ha? Ahhh sige. Sage, hintayin na lang kita sa baba."

Tumango lang ako at hinintay na maisara ni Rei ang pinto. I know Rave has something to say and he intentionally ask Rei to leave.

"What do you want to talk about na hindi dapat marinig ng asawa ko?" tanong ko sa kanya. He quickly stood up at nagsimulang kumuha ng damit sa luggage niya.

"Alastair is alone in the White Desert. It is possible that Azaroth and Alazar are just hiding in plain sight."

"And you think it is a trap to lure us?"

"No, a ruse to lure you Sage."

"Me? Bakit ako?"

"Nawala na ba sa isip mo ang visions mo about being a demon king? Do you think Lilith's generals are not aware of this?"

"I was hoping we can stop it."

"Sage, before the rebellion happened, the Creator's scribe prophesied that almost half of the guardians will go against the Creator."

"Alam mo noon pa na mangyayari to?"

"It is just a prophecy. It may or may not happen. Aside from me and Lilith, there is another powerful guardian named Gideon. He is a scribe of the Creator. The other guardians does not know much about him, para siyang legend sa mundo namin. But he approached me one day that this is bound to happen."

Rave waved his hands at nagkaroon ng blurry wall between us. Parang isang water-like wall na unti unting lumilinaw. I saw a man with long straight blonde hair with golden wings and it looks like Rave. There is another man with curly blond hair, with the same golden wings talking to him.

"When Gideon? When will this prophecy happen?" nag-aalalang tanong ni Rave.

"It may or may not happen and I don't know when. But one thing for sure, humanity will greatly suffer."

"Who among us will betray the Father?"

"You know who Raviael. You know who is capable of this insurgency."

"What will I do Gideon? Please, I need your help."

"I can't help you Raviael, I am just a scribe. But all I can say is to protect him."

"Protect who?"

"The demon king..."

"Sage, I was hoping na hindi mangyayari ang nasa visions mo, but Gideon clearly told me that you will be a demon king. I need to protect you and I don't know why. Siguro para mapigilan ko ang transformation mo or once you are a demon king, you are the only one who can defeat Lilith."

"This is ridiculous! Dahil lang sa selos ni Lilith kaya niya ko gagawin ng demon king!"

"I guess it is because of the curse of Lilith sa mga descendant ni Diwa, pero Gideon told me that it is already written, it is bound to happen."

"What do you suggest Rave? Would you like me to kill myself now?"

"As I promised Gideon, I need to protect you above anyone else."