preliminarys part one

Yuki pov

We had a rough time in the forest of death but we came out victorious just as expected. Right now we're standing in front of lord Hokage as he explains why we hold the chunin exams and let's be honest none of us genin actually care why it happens do we? Well maybe some do care but I sure don't.

"For the first time in many years we have been forced to hold a preliminary round due to the amount of competitors that have passed. If you are to injured to fight or don't want to fight you can quit the chunin exams now and come back next year." Hayate stated between coughs Yeesh someone's ill.

All of the gathered ninja stared at Kabuto, largely in dismay, as he raised his gloved hand in surrender of a competition he apparently had no energy left to be a part of. He had made it to the competitive stage of the Chūnin Exam, and after everything he had been through with us in the Forest of Death, his sudden withdraw shook up his comrades and me and the rest of my team. He's planning something I know it.

"Kabuto…" Sasuke muttered under his breath, trying to fathom his logic. The exam proctor, Hayate Gekkō, glanced through his dossier of the genin participating in the Chūnin Exam.

"You're…Kabuto, right?" Hayate coughed. "You may leave now…" Naruto's face visibly dropped as Hayate eyed the rest of us genin. "Umm…does anyone else want to retire? Oh…umm…I forgot to tell you that from here on it will be individual battling. You may raise your hand based on your own judgment." Before anyone had a chance to answer, Naruto had already rounded on Kabuto.

"Kabuto! Why are you quitting?! Why?!" Kabuto frowned and tipped back his glasses. I'm actually wondering the same thing...

"Sorry, Naruto…but those Rain ninja really kicked my ass, and I haven't been able to hear from my left ear since we got attacked by those Sound ninja before the first exam. And now, we'll have to risk our lives? I just…" Kabuto trailed off apologetically, smiling weakly as Naruto lowered his head, utter disappointment on his face. Kabuto waved his hand, bidding his fellow ninja adieu as he walked away.

I suddenly felt a shiver of pain course throughout my body, the power of the curse mark taking its toll on me. Sasuke observed me with concern. Please don't say anything in begged in my head.

Hayate coughed, drawing everyone's attention back on him. "Umm…now…there's no one else retiring, right?" Sasuke started to raise her hand, but I gripped it menacingly.

"Don't you dare say a word," I muttered, my eyes boring into his with an intensity he had never seen. Defeated, he lowered her hand, and Hayate surveyed the group nonchalantly. Wow sasuke gave up easier then expected...

"Umm…now…let's begin the preliminary. The preliminary will consist of one-on-one fighting. You are to fight as if it is a real life confrontation. Since we now have exactly twenty entrants, we will conduct ten matches and…umm…the winners will advance to the third test." Hayate paused for a momentary coughing spasm, and all of us watched with apprehension as he continued as though nothing had happened. "There are basically no rules. The fight continues until one of you dies or is knocked out or admits defeat. Umm…if you don't want to die, then quickly acknowledge your defeat. But (cough) when I decide that the winner has been clearly established…umm…since we don't want to pointlessly increase the amount of corpses, I'll jump in and stop things. And the object that controls your destiny is…"

All of our attention snapped as a low humming filled the room. The back wall began to shift as a large screen was unveiled. "Is this," Hayate finished. "This electronic scoreboard will…show the match-ups for each fight. Now this is sudden, but let's announce the two names of the first fight."

Everyone faced the screen nervously in anticipation. The names that appeared were; Sasuke Uchiha VS Yoroi Akado.
"That is one of kabuto's teammates, " Sasuke whispered to me and Naruto. And we all turned and faced yoroi, he's from the leaf but I've never seen him around before...strange.
"Sasuke good luck" I said before planting a kiss on his cheek as he jumped down into the arena.

3 person pov:

"Sasuke Uchiha, Yoroi Akado are you ready" asked Hayate, between coughs.

"Yeah." Confirmed Sasuke.

"Yes." Agreed Yoroi. Yoroi's appearance was greatly concealed by the mask he wore around his mouth that hung to around his neck, sunglasses that obscured his eyes and his forehead protector which he wore like a bandanna.
He also wore what appeared to be the standard attire of his team consisting of a high-collared, sleeveless, navy-blue shirt with a short-sleeved, white one underneath, a simple obi around his waist, pants, sandals and fingerless gloves.

"In that case let the first match of the preliminaries begin!" Announced Hayate.

Sasuke jumped back and pulled out a kunai while Yoroi put his hand in front of his body and surrounded it with chakra. Yoroi flung three shuriken at Sasuke and who sent them back with his kunai.

"You're mine!" Shouted Yoroi as he charged at Sasuke.

Sasuke swept his leg and locked Yoroi's arm between his legs.

"Got him." Sasuke smirked thinking he had him captured but then Yoroi turned his hand around and grabbed Sasuke's collar.

'Uh I feel so weak!' Thought Sasuke.

Yoroi then brought his arm down and intended to hit Sasuke's solar plexus but Sasuke released his hold and slid away.

"Got you." Sang Yoroi who leapt up and grabbed Sasuke by his head and pushed him to the ground.

"My chakra, what are you doing?" Gasped Sasuke.

"Ha ha you're just noticing it now, are you?'' Laughed Yoroi.

'Uh I feel so weak, what am I going to do?' Thought Sasuke.

"I won't lose here.' Yelled Sasuke.

Sasuke coiled up his legs and extended them quickly pushing Yoroi off him. When he was getting up he saw Lee. "That's it." He thought before charging at Yoroi.

Sasuke flipped onto his hand and gave Yoroi a powerful super kick which sent him into the air. Sasuke then used the dancing leaf shadow and appeared behind Yoroi in midair.

"Ok I'll admit I borrowed that move, but from here, it's all original." Said Sasuke.

Sasuke swung his leg to kick Yoroi in the ribs. Yoroi blocked it but it was a distraction as Sasuke used the momentum to swing his arm up and nail Yoroi in his neck and send him flying down.

"Come back I'm not done yet!'' Said Sasuke who then kicked him down and finally gave him an axe kick smashing him onto the floor while saying 'Lions Barrage!"

Hayate looked at Yoroi and Sasuke, Yoroi was unconscious and Sasuke was still conscious but tired.

"Winner, Sasuke Uchiha." Hayate announced.

Kakashi appeared behind Sasuke and congratulated him before escorting sasuke back to his team. When he got there he received a thumbs up of naruto and a hug of Yuki.

Then the next set of names were shown, and they read:

Shirayuki hatake vs obi wolf