shikamaru nara vs Temari!

3rd person pov

It was now Kankuros turn to fight shino, but before the battle began,
"I forfeit!" Kankuro yelled

"Ok, whatever. The winner is Shino Aburame by forfeit." The proctor sounded bored. This was going to be over way too quickly if this trend continued.

"It is now time for the next match. May Shikamaru Nara and Temari Sabaku get down here, please?"

"You were amazing, naruto!" Yuki said, still a little bit in shock, as the blonde-haired boy walked up the stairs to join the other Genin.

"Yeah, how did you learn how to do that explosive clone thing?!" Sakura added.

Naruto smiled. "Its a Secret, believe it."

Shikamaru cut them off as he walked in between the two.

"Looks like it's my turn," he yawned. He shot a glance towards Temari, who stared right back at him. "That woman seems a little crazy, not to mention troublesome... if she tries to kill me or something, help me out, alright?"

"You know we have your back, Shikamaru!" Naruto replied enthusiastically.

Shikamaru smirked and nodded, choosing to take the stairs down into the arena. Temari instead jumped down from her position. The two opponents looked towards each other.

Temari had a determined expression, while Shikamaru was staring at her like she was the most boring thing in the world.

"Alright, pineapple, let's get this going."

"Pineapple?" Shikamaru frowned.

Temari smirked.

"What a drag," Shikamaru sighed. "I wouldn't have given those up to you if I knew you would come up with a stupid nickname."

"Are both Genin ready?" Genma nodded. "Begin."

"Let's see what you've got, pineapple!" Temari roared, getting out her fan. She'd read about the Nara clan. They manipulated shadows to fight. All she had to do was avoid his shadow.

She uses a fan as a weapon, so let's assume her attacks are based on wind, Shikamaru thought, jumping back into the shade of the trees. He leaned against the trunk and stared up towards the clouds. Ahhh. So carefree.

"Is he really staring at those clouds at a time like this?" Ino growled.

"Calm down, Ino," Asuma chuckled. "Perhaps he's thinking of a strategy."

Shikamaru placed his hands into the Rat seal.

"Shadow Possession Jutsu."

The lazy boy's shadow shot forward.

"Too easy," Temari scoffed, jumping back. The shadow soon refused to move any further, and she marked the spot with her fan. "Looks like your shadow can't reach me here, so I'll just have to attack from this spot!"

"Temari is a long-range fighter, too," Baki smiled. "That shadow boy has met his worst opponent."

Shikamaru withdrew his shadow, fixing his lazy gaze on her.

"Since you look so bored, I'll end this quickly," the blonde kunoichi boasted. Waving her fan, she called forth her attack. "Wind Scythe Jutsu!"

Shikamaru was forced to move from his position, as the attack meant for him soon demolished the trees he was originally crouching under. Grunting, he ran forward and did the Rat seal again.

This time, his shadow passed the spot Temari had marked, due to his change in position.

"Tsk." Temari jumped back again, until the shadow stopped moving.