dead

Yuki pov

"Yuki..." a woman with beautiful black silky hair and ash grey eyes said slowly and softly.

"How did I get here" I muttered to myself more than anything while the women just stared at me like she'd seem a ghost.

"Sorry do I know you?" I asked carefully before she engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm Mikoto Uchiha... your biological mother" she said calmly.

"But you can't be, my mom is dead" I stated trying to wrap my mind around things.

"Yes sweetheart, I am dead but so are you" mikoto said with a tear in her eye.

"That's funny but im not" I stated so sure of myself

"Oh my dear... don't you remember... you blew yourself up in the madara Uchiha fight and saved so many people by taking him out but the price was your life" mikoto explained making all the memories of the earlier fight snap back in my mind

"No no no... I can't be... dead... I have so much more to do! I... I can't leave yet im not ready!" I said with tears streaming down my face, I wasn't sure what I had left to do but I knew there were things left that I needed to do.

Shikamaru pov-

"I love you... I'm sorry" that's the last thing I remember before I woke up on the ground with sakura healing me.

"Sakura? Where's yuki?" I asked slowly as I attempted to sit up just to be pushed down by her.

"Yuki... she never came down after the explosion" sakura muttered as she looked up at the top of the mountain where the battle was taking place earlier.

"I need to go to her" I stated pushing sakura off despite her complaints.

As quickly as possible I got to the top of the mountain where I found ash everywhere as though something had exploded. On the edge of the mountain to oposite side to where I was I saw a lump on the floor and I ran towards it as fast as I could.
Upon reaching the object on the floor I looked carefully and realised it was a human.

The human was well known to me... she had silky black hair that was blood stained and spread around her body. Pale skin that was sliced up and had occasional bruises. Her ash grey eyes were open but they didn't hold life in them... no... they were empty like a glass ball it was as if you could see through them. Her body was covered in serious burn marks and her neck.... didn't hold a pulse.

"SAKURA" I screamed at the top of my voice as I looked down at the love of my life.

"SAKURA" I repeated as tears started streaming down my face and a wail escaped my lips. The next thing I knew sasuke was stood next to me looking down at his sister he leaned down and put a shaky hand on her neck frantically looking for a pulse and I prayed that he'd find what I failed to... but like me he found nothing, not a single drop of life and a lone tear fell from his face and rolled down his cheek before splashing off onto yukis lifeless pale cold hand.

"You promised..." I sobbed pulling her body into my embrace as close to me as I could.

"Remember?! 'No way I'm going to die here' that's what you told me! B-but you lied... y-youre d-d-dead" I yelled at her dead form as I continued to cry my eyes out and sasuke put a hand on my shoulder as if to calm me down but I could tell he was in just as much pain as I was she was his sister after all.

Sakura finally reached the top of the mountain where we were and she came over to us and just stared at me as I cried with yukis motionless body in my arms.
"Do something please" I cried out begging her to save yuki.

"I'm sorry Shikamaru... I can't bring the dead back..." Sakura said slowly and carefully and I picked yuki up in my arms bridal style and left down the mountain and slowly started to head back to the leaf village which was miles away from where we were but I needed to take yuki home.

"Love. Hatred. Betrayal. Happiness. Friendship. Ambition. Passion. Hope. Regret. Depression. Everything ends somewhere and that somewhere is death" A cloud ninja muttered sadly as he watched me walk with the corpse of my girlfriend home.

Sasukes pov

This is my fault!

This is all my fault! She told me to go! She said she could handle it and that I just needed a bit of rest! And I believed her and left her alone I should have never left her alone... now she's dead.

Mom.
Dad.
Itachi.
Look after yuki for me as I failed to do so.