revenge is a dish best served cold

Shikamaru pov

My shadow crept towards the two akatsuki members who leapt back avoiding it. Darn I missed! I then chucked a kunai at them that had a paper bomb attached to it but they didn't miss those quite so easily and an explosion erupted around the two of them.

"Kazuku!" Hidden yelled towards his partner.

"I hardened my arm, I'm fine! Just watch out for the shadows!" He yelled back. Well aren't the smart wanting to avoid my jutsu.

"Shadow possession jutsu" I muttered and I shot a shadow out towards them. The shadow split into two and went after each of them.

"Ha! We won't fall for that fucking trick again!" Hiden yelled. Man what's with all the yelling!

"Hiden above you" Kazuku stated as I appeared above Hiden with one of asumas chakra blades in each hand, they has paper bombs attached to them. I them threw a kunai at each of my opponent's.

"More paper bombs" Kazuku said stating the obvious. One chakra blade landed behind Kazuku and the other in front of Hiden. The both put there arms in front of them waiting for the explosion but it didn't come.

"Shadow possession shuriken jutsu" I muttered and shadows came off the chakra blades and attached to the akatsuki members. I then jumped down from the tree I was standing on and landed in between Hiden and Kazuku.

"Shadow possession shuriken Jutsu achieved" I stated with a smirk.

"I can't move" Kazuku said stating the obvious once again.

"How did you do it when I Dodged your fucking shadow?!" Hiden asked annoyed.

"What I just threw at you were chakra blades, not only do they absorb the chakra nature of whoever wields them, they compliment their jutsu" I started.

"What the hell is this kid talking about!?" Hiden asked angrily.

"Will you shut up! You idiot" Kazuku yelled.

"In short, having absorbed the users chakra the chakra blades become an extension if the users jutsu, so you see I wasn't trying to hit you, I was aiming for your shadows the whole time, its Asuma's gift to you! A little memento of the man you killed!" I said trying to keep my cool.  

"Right..." Kazuku said.

Kazuku then screamed out in pain making all of our eyes widen not sure of what was happening.

Then I saw it. Kakashi-sensei was now standing behind Kazuku with his chidori threw his chest.

"But how? I didn't even sense your approach..." Kazuku stated.

"Sorry about that thought it'd be easier if you didn't know I was here" Kakashi-sensei stayed coolly.

Kazuku then somehow got out of my shadow possession jutsu and kicked Kakashi's chest making him go flying into a tree. Me choji and ino gasped wondering if he's okay.

How the hell is Kazuku still alive he even has a hole threw his chest!

"Alright then let's get this over with shall we?" Hiden stated more then asked.

"That was the plan" Kazuku said as if it was obvious, which it kind of was.

Kazuku then ripped off his cloak revealing his skin that was covered on stitches and masks? They kind of make me think of ambu masks.

Ino gasped at the sight where as I was trying to figure out what they were for.

Kazuku's stitches then started to expand and out of the stitches came three monster things.

"Darn it my shadow possession has had it" I stated as the shadow keeping Hiden still broke and retreated back to me.

"Hey shikamaru! What are those things? And why isn't he dead from that shot he took from Kakashi's lighting blade?!" Choji asked slightly panicking.

"Who knows after going head to head with these guys there's nothing that'll surprise me anymore" I stated wiping the sweat off my brow.

"Not even yuki saying she loves you" ino joked from behind me. I shot her a glare. "Not the time!"

"Now then shall we let the slaughter begin?" Hiden asked his partner with a sickly smile.

"Oh yes"

Hiden then charged at Kakashi-sensei and started swinging his scythe but Kakashi kept deflecting it with a kunai. Suddenly one of Kazuku's shadow monster things came behind Hiden facing Kakashi and cast a wind attack that send Kakashi into another tree. Maybe he should marry the tree... He does fall back on it a lot.

The force from the blast ended up pushing me choji and Ino back aswell.

"Choji hang on!" I yelled but it was no use he still got hurt from the force of the attack.

Then one of the monsters cast a lighting style jutsu that shot a beam of lighting out. I pulled out a sealing scroll in hopes to seal the jutsu before it hit us but I was too late. Kakashi jumped in front of us and some how suppressed the attack.

"Kakashi-sensei" I muttered realizing it was taking a lot out of him. Then the jutsu disappeared and Kakashi started panting heavily. He looked like he wanted to fall over but he didn't. Ino then jumped off the tree she was standing on.

"Are you all right?" She asked Kakashi-sensei.

"Well I'm still standing" he stated.

"These two... They're strong especially the one with the mask normally no one can preforme such high level jutsu unless they're compatible with their own chakra nature and yet he's already used earth wind and lighting" he said and I looked at him like 'no dur'.

Lighting, earth and wind... But if you include him then there is one more monster thing so is there one more element? I hope not.

Hiden then span his scythe... What's he doing? Oh he's just putting it on his back... Couldn't he have done that normally? Or was he trying to frighten us for a second?

Kazuku then made hand signs and one of the monsters opened his mouth, fuck this is the one he hasn't used yet...

Suddenly a big blast of fire headed towards us. Great so he did have another chakra nature up his sleeve.

"Fire style?!" Kakashi said surprised. No Kakashi its water style!

We all just stared at it, we should move but I guessed we're to amazed to do so.

I could feel the heat of the fire but it didn't touch me but it did circle around me, what the hell?

The smoke then cleared up and I saw someone who I didn't expect to see....

Yuki.