epilogue

Anything in italics is a memory... you should remember that.

Yuki pov.

"Mommy elena was being mean at school again" maya complained as she pointed an accusing finger at her twin sister.

"Elena nara be nice to your sister, you only have one so treat her like a jewel because you never know when she'll be gone" I stated to elena who merely glanced in my direction before upstairs. 

Elena and maya are twin sisters who are both five years old, they're both identical but easy to tell apart as I do their hairs different although on some occasions they will change their clothes and pretend to be each other... anyways, maya she's an innocent child who is playful and jolly she's best friends with boruto which causes mischief for naruto. Elena on the other hand she's more like a 13 year old in the body of a five year old, she wants to get stronger to become one of the sannin or ambu captain so she works her ass off everyday, she awakened the sharingan a couple of days ago and I couldn't be more proud. But elena is more reserved she won't speak unless it's important or needed but they're both my beautiful children.

"Elena are you ready?" Shikamaru said as he entered the room with a yawn.

"Yeah dad just putting my shoes on" she said as tied her laces.

"Where are you going?" I asked with a smile as maya grabbed onto my leg.

"Elena wanted me to teach her the shadow possession jutsus" he said in a slightly complaining voice.

"Have fun" I said with a smile before elena said.

"Mom can you teach me the sharingan techniques?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"No not until you're older, you may act twelve but your not i will show you when you're 10 minimum" I stated.

"But..."

"No buts have fun with your father" I said handing her a bottle of water.

Shikamaru softly kissed me before he took elenas hand and left the house.

"Mommy can you teach me some basic jutsus or tricks like Elena, I don't want to get left behind and at the academy everyone tells me im not as good as her and I can't do thinks..." maya asked slowly as she fiddled with her small thumbs.

"Grab your shoes then and ill show you how to make a fire ball, the uchiha's specialty but first I'll show you how to climb a tree to teach you chakra control" I told her with a soft smile and her eyes lit up as she grabbed some shoes, slipped them on and tugged me by my hand towards the door.

Upon getting to the training ground maya randomly sat on the floor cross legged and looked up at me waiting for me to explain what she needs to do.

"Watch" I said as I walked towards a tree and started to walk up it and maya stared at me in amazement.

"You need to gather the required amount of combined chakra to your feet which is actually rather difficult" I explained, muttering the last part.

I looked at maya and she was now on her feet she had her eyes closed and was focused with her hand clapped together, she then ran towards the tree that was so much taller than her, she got about four feet up before she came falling down and my mother instincts came in and I ran towards her to catch her.

She looked up and giggled at me before she quickly dusted off her slightly dirty clothes before trying again and again she did this like 26 times before she actually managed to do it and she somehow kept a straight face through all of it, I remember when sasuke and naruto were learning they were so frustrated and annoyed, guess my five year old girl is more mature then them.

"I did it! Mommy did you see" she asked as she jumped happily up and down.

"Yeah I saw! I'm so proud of you!" I told her as I pulled her into a close warm hug.

I then showed her the fire ball jutsu and at the moment she can make small fireballs the size of my fist, it's rather cute, in no time she'll be making ones as big as an elephant.

I picked up my daughter and gave her a piggy back ride home as she did so well training and was tired, when we reached the house she happily got off me and ran inside to where her younger sibling and father was.

Oddly Shikamaru... The lazy ass I married... was cooking. It was indeed a rare occasion, elena was helping him and maya ran over asking to help and shikamaru picked her up and let her stir the hot liquid inside, while I just leaned up the wall and watched.

"Aunt Yuki, what do you think peace is?" a four year old sarada asked me after her mom told her sasuke left the village to atone for his sins and to keep the village at peace.

"I don't know if peace is anything more than an illusion" I replied as I returned her home to sakura after having her round my house for the weekend.

thinking about it now... I would change my answer as I looked at my family and their smiles as I hear their laughter and smell their creation I know in my heart... This is the peace I fight to protect.

The end