The New Roomate

[Alison's House]

Ali and Hanna were silently keeping each other company burried in their work. Hanna sketching away on a portable work stand and Alison finishing up reading The Scarlet Letter which she had already read in high school, but was refreshing her memory to assign it to her class.
Hanna kept looking up from her sketch pad at Ali wanting to ask something. Let's face it, Hanna wouldn't be Hanna if she didn't just spit it out.

"Hey Ali?" Hanna set her charcoal pencil down.

"Yeah?" Alison looked over her book, her legs draped over the arm of the chair that faced Hanna sitting on the couch.

"Did uh Emily stay over, all night?" A little side smirk graced Hanna's face making a dimple more noticable.

Alison answered trying not to smile, "Yeah she did. Why do you ask?"

"Mhm, No reason." Hanna's voice went up an octave and Ali gave her a playful, suspicious look.

"It's something Han. What is it? Tell me." Alison got up and set her book face down on the arm of the chair she was in to hold her place. She sat next to Hanna, her eyes peered into the side of her face waiting for answer. 

"I saw Maya at the Radley last night. Em lied and told her she was with me and I obviously couldn't lie about it cause yeah, I was there and she wasn't. She figured she was with you and let's just say Em causes girls to take to the bottle. Maya was wasted and left home with some bartender she was flirting with all night." Hanna looked at Alison's reaction. She knew exactly what the look was, the look of humble triump.

Alison chuckled once," Just so you know, I'm going to let that bottle comment pass. Too soon. Mhm, maybe Emily is just affraid to hurt her. The girl has been through alot." Ali responded nonchalantly.

"Yeah right Ali, you're hoping Emily finds out Maya left with the bartender."
Hanna grunted with a devious smile. "You could car less about what Maya's been through."

"No, no that's not true. That would be the old me. I do care, and I wouldn't wish what happened to her on my worst enemy, but Emily does have the right to know. It affects me too." Alison cringed thinking about it. "If Emily's sleeping with Maya, she's sleeping with whoever she's sleeping with, which disgustingly I am too. I have to tell Emily."

"No, I will. I was there. I saw. I should tell her. I don't want her to think  that I'm gossiping between you two."

"But you are." Ali said rasing an eyebrow.

"Shut up." Hanna threw her pencil at Alison.

Alison got up from the couch laughing and disappeared into the kitchen to look for a snack. There was a knock at the door.

"I got it!" Hanna made her way to the front door and on the other stood a gorgeous hispanic girl with an edgy style. Her dark brown hair had about 4 braids up front,on the side and the rest of her locks were lose and put into a high ponytail. She wore black distressed jeans, a white v-neck tshirt, and a black leather jacket. All the physical assets of a bad ass, only thing missing was a mortorcycle helmet tucked under her arm.

Hanna unknowingly stared a few seconds too long,
so the girl spoke first snapping the blonde out of her daze.
"Hey, I'm here for Alison we talked on the phone earlier about her having a room for rent. Are you her?"

 Are you her?"