THE VISIT

[Amy's House]
"I can't wait for you to meet my friends. They're kinda crazy and eccentric, but you'll love them."
Amy said as and Maya started to pull the linen from the bed in one of the extra rooms to replace it with new ones. At 8 months pregnant, all Amy was is belly with her small frame. She leaned down holding her belly while she pulled the fitted sheet loose from the corner of the matress in an attempt to help.

"Hey, You sit. I got this." Maya guided Amy to a chair in the corner. "I can't wait to meet them babe. Is you sister still coming too?" Maya asked.

"Step-sister. Yeah, she's coming."
Amy said.

Amy's step sister Lauren, her bestfriends Karma and Shane were coming up from Texas to stay a few days and attend her baby shower.
"I miss them. Karma especially. We haven't spent more than a few weeks apart since we were 5."

Amy picked up a picture from the night stand. She placed it in the guest room Karma would be stay in.

It was a picture they took in a photobooth almost a year ago

It was a picture they took in a photobooth almost a year ago. That was the same day Amy decided she was going to Philadelphia to win Reagan back. Amy smiled as she rubbed her thumb over the picture and sat it back down.

"I know how you must feel. I haven't seen my brother in almost 4 years. He was my bestfriend" Maya said.

"Why not?" Amy asked.

"Uh, very, very long story. I'll tell it to yo one day." Maya said while spreading the sheet onto the bed.

"Okaaay. " Amy let out a small laugh and looked at Maya side eyed.

"So when are they getting here?"  Maya changed the subject.

"Their plane lands at 1. They said not to worry about picking them up because they'll be renting a car. Shane said he'd call me when they land so I could give him them the address."

"Okay cool. Do you need me to do anything else before they get here?" Maya asked being helpful.

"Nope, after this room that's it. We can just relax until they get here. Wait, you don't have to work tonight?" Amy smiled hopeful as she asked. Maya looked up while smoothing the covers on the bed with her hands.

"No today is an off day." Maya sighed thinking about how she hasn't heard from Jeni in over a week. Usually when she had Fridays or Saturdays off she'd sneak off with Jeni at the Radley or at Jeni's place.

Her thoughts rambled on in her head wordering if maybe she and Jenna were back together. Was Jeni freezing her out like she did before?

"Maya? Maya!" Amy snapped Her out of her thought's.

"Yeah, sorry. I was thinking about something." Maya shook her head. "What's going on?"

"Shane just texed. They're  picking out the rental now and they'll be on their way soon." Amy squeeked and Maya smiled seeing how happy she was.