+2+

3rd period bell just rang, and I'm walking to lunch. I tend to just sit by myself, or with Knife on his better days. I go over to where I usually eat and sit down. I start to eat when I see Suitcase walk in with Nickel and Baseball. I go back to my PB and J when I see her sit down with me.

"Hey Balloon!" She smiles and unpacks her lunch.

"O-Oh! Hi Suitcase." I smile back.

"Are we allowed to have our phones at lunch, I brought mine." She asks.

"Oh, yeah you can use them."

"Oh, cool, can I have your number?"

"What?" No one has ever asked for my number other than group projects! "Didn't Nickel tell you about me?"

"You don't seem as bad as they said. Is there something up between you two?" She is very naive, but she is new here, so its expected.

"Yeah, we don't get along very well. Anyways, I can put my number in for you." She hands me her phone and I put my number in. I hand it back and she grins. We talk and eat for what seemed like ages until the bell rang. Saying goodbye to Suitcase, I walk to my next class and sit down. During the class, my mind was somewhere else. I kept thinking about Suitcase, and how life has gotten better with her, even in this one day. I didn't notice that I was smiling, something I haven't honestly done in a while. I usually would just put on a fake smile to say 'everything's fine'. Then Test tube, who I sit next to, nudges me in the shoulder, stopping my daydreaming. I try to pay attention the rest of the class, and then the bell rings and we all get up and leave.