+20+

⚠️ (THIS ENTIRE CHAPTER DESERVES A TRIGGER WARNING) ⚠️

(Balloon's POV)

"Balloon..." I heard her say when she walked out of the bathroom.

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"I think I should be asking you that question..." she held out a blade...

the blade I had been using...

Oh no...

"S-Suitcase, I-I can explain-"

"AFTER ALL I'VE DONE TO TRY TO HELP YOU, YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS?" I've never heard her yell that loudly before. Leafy just stands at the side looking shocked as all hell.

"I-I uh-"

"Show me your wrist!" She grabs my arm, making me wince from the still painful cuts. She unwraps my wrist until all the bandage is gone, revealing the pink scars and bloodstained skin. She puts a hand over her mouth and starts crying more than she was before.

You knew this would happen.

You knew she would be devastated when she found out.

This is your fault.

I feel hot tears start to roll down my face.

"Balloon, WHY?! WHATS BEEN SO BAD TO CAUSE YOU TO DO THIS TO YOURSELF?" She yells again. I say nothing for a moment before her expression changes from rage to realization.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you like that... but you need to tell me when things are bad! I want to help you!" She walks towards me, her arms outstretched. But I back away from her...

"Suitcase, I don't know if you can help me with these things..."

"W-what?"

"One, I've built such a bad reputation over the years, no one at school is ever going to forgive me." I walk over to the wall,

"Two, my family consists of a recently released from jail father, a drunk, neglecting mother, and a suicidal son." My sobs start to cut off some of the words,

"And Three, my mind is so dark and broken that it won't let me see any good things left in this world...

except for you!" I slump down against the wall, letting my head fall into my knees, and I start sobbing more than I was. I feel like I'm gonna vomit...

Why did I do this?

I'm so fucking stupid

"Balloon..." I feel her sit by my side. I hug her and keep crying. Leafy walks over and stands above us.

"I'm s-so sorry"

"Balloon, I should be the one that's sorry, I.. I didn't know you were going through all of this..." I start to calm down a bit and I look up at her.

"I-I don't des-serve this..."

Leafy decides to finally chime in, "Yes you do! You've fought battles that none of us, even me, are able to comprehend, and you kept getting up, even if you had to lay on the ground for a bit. I've given up for the past year, I've attempted to kill myself many times, more than I can count. I have a prepared noose in my closet for fucks sake!"

"And to be honest, I felt suicidal for a long time once... before I moved here." Suitcase says.

...

"T-thank you... Suitcase, Leafy...

you two are great friends..."