+46+

Leafy's POV

It was raining that Monday, and I still had to ride my bike due to the bus not coming near my house and both of my parents being asleep. I quickly put my bike on the rack outside of the school, locking it up and running inside to try to stay dry. I go to my locker to hang up the raincoat I had on. I then go to find Balloon, to ask him a few questions, but I don't expect what I see when I find him. Balloon is wearing something I've never seen him wear before, dark sunglasses. It's odd, and even more so considering that it's raining outside and we are inside. I decide to walk over to him.

"Hey Balloon, what's up?" I ask, which seems to have startled him a bit.

"O-oh, hey Leafy, n-not much, you?" I notice a slight dark tint near his eye, which only makes me more curious.

"I'm good, why are you wearing those?" He becomes more nervous.

"Uh, w-why not wear them?" He says, looking around for a moment, "oh, there's Suitcase! I should probably go see her." He walks away quickly, leaving me confused and concerned. What happened to him?

Balloons POV

I quickly walk away, trying to avoid questions. I feel bad, being so awkward about it, but I don't want anyone to see me. I decided to head towards the boys bathroom to try to figure out how to cover up the bruises. My entire body hurts and aches from last night. I manage to get to the bathroom mirror, gripping my side a bit. I take off the sunglasses, revealing the massive purple-black bruise on my right eye. I seize up, a few tears dripping down my cheeks. I look around for a moment, and then think of some things to fix this. I could blame it on a fight, or I could try to get some make up, or some third option that would come up at some point. I guess lying is the best option at the moment, but I'd get stares the entire day...

Maybe that's what I deserve. I deserved the beating, maybe this, too. I decided to just leave it, going back into the main hallway. I see Leafy talking to Suitcase, and they both look towards me. Suitcase immediately runs towards me, and I quickly put on the sunglasses again.

"Balloon are you ok?! I-I'm so sorry about last night, I-I should've stopped them, I-I, I-" she rapidly speaks, stuttering a bit.

"Shh, I-It's not your fault, I promise." I hug her, trying to calm her down. She sinks into me, causing me to blush a bit.

"I-I'm sorry.."she says quietly.

"It's ok, Suitcase, d-don't get so worked up over it." I let go of her and smile a bit, "W-we should probably get to class, though."

"Y-your right, lets go, I'll talk to you about it later, o-ok?"

"Ok." I lie.