+59+

GolfBalls POV

TBs words had clung to mind throughout the entire night, which made me groggy and sleep deprived as I walked into school, a warm thermos of coffee in my hand. Well, it might've also been because I was up doing experiments and research, but that's a normal occurrence. The hallway was bustling, as usual, and I headed to meet TB in the library, remembering the lime colored jacket I had in my backpack. Thinking about it made my heart race slightly, but I ignored it.

Eventually, I made it, stepping into the book-filled room, looking around the room, before meeting eyes with TB, who was visibly nervous.

I walk over to him, "Hey, TB."

"H-hi," stuttering, he buries his face in a book. I unzip my bag, pulling out the jacket, my face a little warm.

"Y-you left me with this yesterday," I say, holding it out to him, before realizing how awkward the situation was. He goes to grab it, and suddenly I jerk it back and throw it onto his face, stifling a laugh.

"H-hey!" He pulls it off of his face, visibly flustered and annoyed, before laughing a bit, too, easing the tensions.

I take a sip out of the thermos, "I stayed up doing some experiments again, though I know you hate it."

TB sighed, folding the jacket neatly and placing it in his bag, "sometimes I swear you have insomnia."

"I probably do, honestly," I snicker, "but I get by, coffee and responsibilities to keep me awake."

He nodded, "Caffeine does that, GB."

"Don't be a smartass-" I say, playfully punching his arm.

He laughs, rubbing his shoulder slightly, "What were you studying, anyways?"

"Oh, just some chemistry, the usual."

"Mhm," he looked back down at the book.

A sudden question edged into my mind, making my face warm again. I tried to push it back but I ended up blurting it out, "D-did you mean what you said yesterday?"

"W-What?" He looked up, wide eyed.

"B-before you left, y-you said I looked g-good in your jacket.." My heart raced, "d-did you mean it?"

He paused for a second, remembering and then looking away shyly, "I.. y-yeah I did."

I looked around for a moment, butterflies violently thrashing in my stomach as I stood up, "T-thank you.. I-I need to get to class."

"G-Golf Ball I-" he stuttered, trying to explain himself before I put a hand on his shoulder.

"D-dont worry, I-I would've said the same about you.."